Panic Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.

The shops will have to introduce checks on cars arriving.

NHS trying to save people's lives and still some don't get it.

Shameful.

During vulnerable and NHS hours, let those who shouldn’t be there know they are trespassing and if don’t leave the car park immediately the vehicle will be clamped.

Your only trouble is what about someone with the surname Davison who has to work 10-11? Maybe easier if there's a full lock down (with key workers given a different hour) but currently I don't think it would be feasible

True, but they could get someone to get their shopping for them? It's not perfect but there has got to be some way of stopping everyone from turning up at 8am.
I'm keeping away from supermarkets at that time because I just don't think I could handle being surrounded by a high percentage of selfish bastards, although that does mean when I get in there isn't much left.

Wasn't too bad this morning. My son sent me a shopping list and I managed to get everything he wanted. Had to buy 750g of mince as there were no 500g packs and he's got red onions instead of brown ones but I don't think he'll mind about that.

Why can't the supermarkets get shopping lists from healthcare workers before they start their shifts and have them waiting for them when they finish? They shouldn't be expected to spend their time off duty f***ing about trying to get groceries.
they do click and collect already, just restrict it to key workers

My son phoned. He works early shift stocking shelves in a non-food shop. He finished work this morning and he's not been able to buy basic food for himself :(

Becs If this is the son who is in Sunderland tell him to avoid the large supermarket chains main stores and look local . I went to our one stop yesterday for milk and they were pretty well stocked with a lot of things , there’s another independent small supermarket near where we live and my neighbour told me that was fine as well . For bread the bakers like greggs etc are a good try.
I‘m just catching up on the thread so hopefully he’s sorted by now

True, but they could get someone to get their shopping for them? It's not perfect but there has got to be some way of stopping everyone from turning up at 8am.
I'm keeping away from supermarkets at that time because I just don't think I could handle being surrounded by a high percentage of selfish bastards, although that does mean when I get in there isn't much left.

Its mad like. Then this morning I had to go to the local shop (in red house) just to see if they had any essentials. Plenty there. Full thing of toilet roll, plenty lager, butter, milk. Think that might be the way to go. They had a strict 1 of each item policy which is fair enough. Some prices habe had to go up as they're struggling to get stock but none have gone over the manufacturers RRP which is fair enough. I'll be giving them some support over the next few months rather than going to ransacked supermarkets. If I can get meat from a butchers or similar I'm sorted

Becs If this is the son who is in Sunderland tell him to avoid the large supermarket chains main stores and look local . I went to our one stop yesterday for milk and they were pretty well stocked with a lot of things , there’s another independent small supermarket near where we live and my neighbour told me that was fine as well . For bread the bakers like greggs etc are a good try.

Yes it's him. He lives in the city centre and had tried supermarkets and Greggs etc., in the Bridges and the retail park by the SOL but they had nothing left.

I'll see him today so I've been out and bought him some shopping to take home. He said he's going to be more proactive and buy food as he's running low rather than when he runs out like he usually does.

Wasnt too bad today. Decided to try and do a normal shop rather than stuff every few days. Got everything we needed other than wipes but got a spray instead .

No concept off personal space by most but havent got to bother with shops now for about 6 days.

You need to get to Gregg's early like. Stotties and bread have been ransacked by 11am.

Went to get some buns for tea. Whilst some shelves are still sparse like toilet roll, pasta etc. They did have plenty of stuff of you needed it

Sainsbury at North Hylton had plenty bread, milk etc.

Went to Tesco in Roker at half 9 this morning to try and use the NHS hour and it was pointless. The car park was completely full (must be thousands of spaces there). Went to Morrisons instead where there were only about 30 people queuing and managed to get a normal weekly shop. Full of people hoarding trolleys full of food though and no concept of personal space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back