Panic Buying

Wasn't too bad this morning. My son sent me a shopping list and I managed to get everything he wanted. Had to buy 750g of mince as there were no 500g packs and he's got red onions instead of brown ones but I don't think he'll mind about that.
Getting red onions instead of brown serves him right for letting his mam do his shopping on mother’s day.
presumably it will drop off as people have rammed their freezers and cupboards full and have nowhere else to put anything
The extension is nearing completion.

Getting red onions instead of brown serves him right for letting his mam do his shopping on mother’s day.

He's knackered bless him. He's been in work at 6am every morning stacking shelves before the customers get in and by the time he finishes, there's no food left in supermarkets.

Anyone use Sainsburys on Wessington Way?

Pre virus times on the odd occasion I was in it was deserted. Is it still “off the grid” or is it as busy as the rest of them now?

Cars with odd years reg 17/67 allowed in supermarket car parks one day, even reg 18/68 the next. Won't completely solve but might help.

Who’s going to police it, though? I could see supermarket staff getting a shoeing or run over. Police have far better things to do.

I’ll have to get my Golf back on the road, then I’ll be able to shop every day! :lol:
I wouldn’t really do that. I get my shopping delivered anyway.

Went to Tesco at 7 last night after work, not unexpected but no sign of any decent meats, pasta, tinned food, even baby wipes were gone.

Drove past Aldi on my way to work just before half 8 this morning and the queue is already out of the car park. Scratters out in force.

All chicken is gone at Morrison’s,Tesco and Sainsbury’s round here, went to my local butchers and he has plenty in and making fresh sausages from a pig slaughtered the day before, more expensive but better meat ( no crap in grill from bacon or water out of chicken) nice to help the smaller man . He said he’s more expensive but actual meat content he’s not really
Oh , and short on tins ,pasta and toilet roll as well

No idea what the best time is to go for the dreaded shop. In ordinary days I do it early when there's nobody about, but I'm wondering if every bugger has the same idea now and is out in force from the off to grab what they can. Don't fancy drowning in my own lung juices in a fortnights time just so I can get a head of broccoli, a few eggs etc

Back