New Zealand PM's Response to Johnson's Covid Actions

Even that article you have just linked shows that your comment was bollocks

Public Health England (PHE) has previously published analysis showing that one dose is 17% less effective at preventing symptomatic illness from the Delta variant, compared to Alpha, but there is only a small difference after 2 doses.

There is also now the later study from Israel that shows the vaccines are less effective then they were.

But regardless you said they were more effective against the Delta variant. Even that article says they arent

Mutations are random. The virus is not sentient. It doesn't learn anything. All that happens is that a random mutation occurs which gives the new variant a competitive advantage. It then replaces the old variant.
That’s how I thought it worked which makes sense, a mutation could make the new variant either more or less resistant to the vaccine. Some people seem to be suggesting the virus can learn to evade the vaccines which doesn’t seem possible to me.

That’s how I thought it worked which makes sense, a mutation could make the new variant either more or less resistant to the vaccine. Some people seem to be suggesting the virus can learn to evade the vaccines which doesn’t seem possible to me.

That’s how natural evolution works and proven science unless you are a religious creationist nutter. The viruses only goal is to survive and spread. If you put a barrier it will naturally evolve to be more effective at that. Hence why we have an increasing issue with antibiotics and their effectiveness

I've just looked at New Zealand's vaccine roll out stats - now I'm a big fan of Ardern but I can't help feeling this is deflection. Trying to say ramping up vaccine roll out and opening up as soon as possible is wrong because they are so so far from it. They are going to be shut off from the world for years unless they pick up there.

Were are surely at the point where returning to normal is possible, cases will become higher and do the powers to be have the balls to ride it out?

If not now, when ?
Ask the 1200 scientist and doctors the have written a letter to gumbo and condemned Whitby and valance of not having the support they claimed.

Repeating silky meaningless slogans from gumbo and co mean F ALL.
I
It is.

We’re in for a rough few weeks but it’s done.
I know.

This variant is naff all. It's looking great.

Last edited:
188 million confirmed cases world wide, probably much more than that in reality. and not one variant that evades the vaccine.

uk has been slowly but surely opening up over the past 3 months, cases are rising as was predicted by every single person, but the NHS is coping.

if not now, then when? genuine question. as we arent going to start lifting restrictions just as the schools go back and the cold weather starts back up.

so if not now, then next spring? is that what the suggestion is?

188 million confirmed cases world wide, probably much more than that in reality. and not one variant that evades the vaccine.

uk has been slowly but surely opening up over the past 3 months, cases are rising as was predicted by every single person, but the NHS is coping.

if not now, then when? genuine question. as we arent going to start lifting restrictions just as the schools go back and the cold weather starts back up.

so if not now, then next spring? is that what the suggestion is?
There is no suggestion, however many months pass they would still just argue against opening up.

So:

NZ - doing great but really low vaccinated pop - result: cut off from the world for the forseeable future

France - poor vaccination numbers, but now require 'passport' to visit a cafe/cinema/long distance train journey etc result: not vaccinated? then you're a second class citizen

US - flaky vaccination numbers overall, poor second dose takeup - open everything up. result: looks worrying

UK - very good vaccination takeup, now at 66% 2nd dose, open everything up, result: ???

Every other country has a slightly different approach..

Interesting times, but I think our vaccination takeup stats will serve us very very well over the next 12 months

The elephant in the room and what isn't being discussed is the high risk of a more deadly virus will be with us until the west gets its finger out and helps the 3rd world.

Its ok saying we should or should not remove restrictions, but the risk that this virus evolves is going to be with us a long time, so what's the answer?

The vaccine isn't some magic bullet that will fix everything, it just makes the virus easy to deal with and reduces the risk, even if the whole world has the jab there's always the chance it evolves, might be a lower chance, but still a chance all the same.

I read an opinion piece that said vaccines would drive the virus to mutate and we will be left with always having to tweak the jab year on year to stay ahead of it, that we need to learn to live with it now.

in my view the human body is a fantastic thing, we will adapt and learn to live with this, with the help of science.
The black death wiped out massive amounts of people, but some were immune and we over came it, we been around for millions of years and have no doubt we as a race will overcome this challenge.

One point of note, these vaccines haven't even passed the trials yet, lets hope it is 100% safe for all long term, would be just our luck to mess up and have another problem to deal with, like we have in the past with a "safe and well used drug" thalidomide, until we found in some cases the drug wasn't safe at all.

Also just like to say, no one is forcing people to not wear masks or to go to indoor events, think its unsafe don't go, wear a mask and isolate until this wave passes, i know I am in no hurry to change my habit's atm.

Last edited:
More absolute bollocks from one of the worst posters on this forum.

One of the worst? There has never, ever been a poster has bad as him. He’s utterly pathetic, in all the time he’s posted on here, nothing has had any value. He’s a sad pathetic bloke, with no affinity to Sunderland, and absolutely no reason to post on here, other than to spread negativity, try to wind people up, and run to the mods to get people warnings.

Most pathetic worthless poster to ever grace the board.

Back