New Zealand PM's Response to Johnson's Covid Actions

it is insanely irresponsible and I reckon we'll be put on red lists pronto if we continue with this, we will be a petri dish of covid variants that are too dangerous to be exported and we'll be a lone leper colony with no mates

probably won't be able to go to Qatar at this rate

it is insanely irresponsible and I reckon we'll be put on red lists pronto if we continue with this, we will be a petri dish of covid variants that are too dangerous to be exported and we'll be a lone leper colony with no mates

probably won't be able to go to Qatar at this rate
I feel your pain...however this is NZ today not in a years time.

What a load of rubbish. It's when the vaccine will get out not if.
Lockdowns are great at buying time but not a long term solution.
Only solutions are vaccines and herd immunity.
you disagree that lifting restrictions fully now is hot housing variants and teaching them how to overcome the virus?

if so, on what do you base that?

Alternative is to open up in winter during flu season and in the mean time how many lives and livelihoods will be lost due to businesses not surviving?
Or not open up until next year. Seemingly that’s what some people want.
you disagree that lifting restrictions fully now is hot housing variants and teaching them how to overcome the virus?

if so, on what do you base that?
How do you teach a virus to evade a vaccine? I didn’t think they were that intelligent.

Other countries leaders have a right to express their concerns. It is known that letting it rip in a partially vaccinated population potentially increases the risk of escape variants. Such a variant threatens the whole world. I would never have believed previously that a sensible country like the UK would be following such a reckless path. It's a gamble and they'll probably get away with it after which they'll crow that they were right but if it goes wrong we're all fu@#ed.

Other countries leaders have a right to express their concerns. It is known that letting it rip in a partially vaccinated population potentially increases the risk of escape variants. Such a variant threatens the whole world. I would never have believed previously that a sensible country like the UK would be following such a reckless path. It's a gamble and they'll probably get away with it after which they'll crow that they were right but if it goes wrong we're all fu@#ed.

Have you got any information on a variant beating the vaccine? Its talked about on here like its a 50/50 chance but I've seen experts say the chances are very slim to zero. Have you got a link to where you are getting your information please?

Back