New Zealand PM's Response to Johnson's Covid Actions

Have you got any information on a variant beating the vaccine? Its talked about on here like its a 50/50 chance but I've seen experts say the chances are very slim to zero. Have you got a link to where you are getting your information please?
the delta vaccine is already making the vaccine less effective

that was with restrictions, so if you lift the restrictions the variants will learn how to thrive in vaccinated population faster and then we'll be a leper colony

Alternative is to open up with sensible precautions still in place:

- keep masks indoors
- covid passport for those vaccinated to enter pubs and restaurants and concert events
The impact of masks is minimal, surely that’s obvious by now? Sure, they’re better than nothing but keeping them without numerous other restrictions wouldn’t make much of a difference. Personally, I wouldn’t have complained if they’d still been mandatory but people are making out like they’re the holy grail but cases have soared twice while they’ve been mandatory.
Can’t introduce passports until everyone has had the chance to be double jabbed surely? And that’d mean not opening up until end of August which would put the peak in the busiest period for the NHS. Introducing covid passports would destroy a lot of industries so I can see why they arent being introduced but I can see it happening if things spiral beyond the modelled predictions.
the delta vaccine is already making the vaccine less effective

that was with restrictions, so if you lift the restrictions the variants will learn how to thrive in vaccinated population faster and then we'll be a leper colony
How many viruses have mutated to evade highly effective vaccines? It must have happened before right?

Last edited:
The impact of masks is minimal, surely that’s obvious by now? Sure, they’re better than nothing but keeping them without numerous other restrictions wouldn’t make much of a difference. Personally, I wouldn’t have complained if they’d still been mandatory but people are making out like they’re the holy grail but cases have soared twice while they’ve been mandatory.
Can’t introduce passports until everyone has had the chance to be double jabbed surely? And that’d mean not opening up until end of August which would put the peak in the busiest period for the NHS. Introducing covid passports would destroy a lot of industries so I can see why they arent being introduced but I can see it happening if things spiral beyond the modelled predictions.

Its really not, you must be a talk radio fan.

As for passports it will be an extra motivation for those refusing the jab to pull the finger out

Its really not, you must be a talk radio fan.

As for passports it will be an extra motivation for those refusing the jab to pull the finger out
Aye, love talk radio me. How effective are masks at preventing transmission? 5% I think was the number from a study I’d seen.
That’s the perfect reason for introducing passports, I agree entirely.

I suggest you start with this. It's all to do with natural selection.
On the Origin of Species - Wikipedia

Sorry and that but that means fuck all to what I asked. Its been passed round the word 10s of millions of times and theres nowt escaping the vaccice at the moment. The chances of it happening are very slim to zero. We cant live the rest of our lives worrying about something thats very unlikely to happen

How many viruses have mutated to evade highly effective vaccines? It must have happened before right?
If you want multiple examples look at the massive threat of antibiotic resistance. I know it's bacteria and antimicrobials rather than vaccines and viruses but it's the same principle and is driven by natural selection.

So why do our scientists think we should be going through with it?

If they thought we shouldn't and Bozo was ignoring them surely the only ethical thing to do would be to quit and call it out.

Or are they all willing to toe the 'party' line?
It's funny that when the scientists were telling us we should be locking down/wearing masks/staying 2m apart etc. they were infallible, full of integrity and the only ones to be listened to.

Now the same scientists are telling us that if we're going to open up, this is the optimal time to do it, they've suddenly become incompetent, full of sh!t, government pawns.

It's funny that when the scientists were telling us we should be locking down/wearing masks/staying 2m apart etc. they were infallible, full of integrity and the only ones to be listened to.

Now the same scientists are telling us that if we're going to open up, this is the optimal time to do it, they've suddenly become incompetent, full of sh!t, government pawns.
Seems that way :lol:

Back