New York

If you plan well enough and want to visit several attractions the thing really does pay for itself.

We did Top of the Rock, top of the Empire State, The Met (class), Natural History Museum (dinosaurs!), Statue of Liberty & Staten Island (doesn't include the podium mind or crown), 9/11 museum, bike hire for a ride over the Brooklyn Bridge into Brooklyn, Big City Bus tour, and Intrepid.

You buy it for the days you're there marra. We bought a five day one and you activate it when you visit your first attraction. I can't remember if we entered the dates of our trip on purchase but I'd assume it's valid for the 12 months after purchase.

EDIT: Aye, 12 months...
How far in advance can I buy the New York Pass?
You can purchase the New York Passes up to 12 months in advance. That means that you have a full year to activate your passes by visiting your first attraction. 1 year after your purchase, the passes will no longer be valid if you have yet to activate them.
Found it now. Don’t know how I didn’t see it the 5 times I’ve glanced over the FAQs this morning :rolleyes:
If you plan well enough and want to visit several attractions the thing really does pay for itself.

We did Top of the Rock, top of the Empire State, The Met (class), Natural History Museum (dinosaurs!), Statue of Liberty & Staten Island (doesn't include the podium mind or crown), 9/11 museum, bike hire for a ride over the Brooklyn Bridge into Brooklyn, Big City Bus tour, and Intrepid.
It looks like real value for money like.

Well I could have sworn I read it the other day but can’t find it now. @chriswallace85 has answered above but his link doesn’t work.
Odd. It's in the FAQ. Contact New York Pass - Phone & Email Support
Found it now. Don’t know how I didn’t see it the 5 times I’ve glanced over the FAQs this morning :rolleyes:

It looks like real value for money like.
It's quality. Bit of a time saver too as there's separate lines for those using them.

Last edited:
Booked again for the end of June. Done most of the attractions on the previous 2 visits so this one will be chilled and relaxed. Pride march is on again when we're there ... was on 2 years ago, so many wierdo's even I looked normal :lol::lol:.

We didn't get long enough in the Met, we walked up to the Natural History Museum on the day we were coming home and got about half an hour there so saw nowt, didn't get over to Brooklyn or onto Intrepid. Could do with another week there to see what we missed :lol:

We didn't get long enough in the Met, we walked up to the Natural History Museum on the day we were coming home and got about half an hour there so saw nowt, didn't get over to Brooklyn or onto Intrepid. Could do with another week there to see what we missed :lol:
Ya could be in there weeks marra.

I looked up what was there beforehand and printed mesell a couple of maps out so I could make sure I saw them - Da Vinci's St Jerome, Monet's water lillies and my fave the bridge over the lily pond. The Van Goghs. Class. Only problem is the place is a bit of a maze restricting which paths through you can take which wasn't as clear on the map.

There was also a guitar exhibit on whilst we were there with all kinds of famous guitars - Page's Les Pauls, Keef's Teles, etc etc, but the queue was fuckin' horrendous. End of the day they're guitars in glass cases so had to pass it up. Had a quick scout through the Egyptian wing and went on our way. We were there a good couple of hours but could have been there so much longer.

We spent hours in the Natural History Museum as well - the dinosaur bit was never ending, but class at the same time. We got there early and came in somewhat unplanned via the subway entrance so we managed to avoid the crowds getting in and getting around the bits we wanted to see. After the dinosaurs and meteors though it's just dioramas and to be honest you can shoot through those as waxwork replicas aren't all that interested really.

going for a week in September, staying at The Gallivant. First time going so looking forward to it!

BA are a total rip off mind, the amount they charge for you to select your seat.
So don't fly BA. I haven't flown them in years... My current favorite for comfort and amenities is Aer Lingus failing that I always preferrd Virgin in and out of New York to BA

Just got back from 5 days there a couple of weeks ago. Had a class time and there’s still loads of things we had on our list that we didn’t get round to doing, so it gives us a reason to go back.

We didn’t bother with any of the passes, just picked and chose as we went depending on what we fancied. We did top of the Rockefeller, top of the World Trade Center where we sat in the bar for a bit (not cheap for a beer clearly but it’s hardly going to be the same price as Gunners club with that view), 9/11 memorial which was well worth the money and it’s surprisingly massive, history museum and a couple of other things.

Did loads of walking so managed to see a lot of free things we wanted to as well including Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge and for me The Dakota where John Lennon lived. Weather was a bit chilly to be sat on a tour bus so we just used the subway to get everywhere including from the airport and at $2.75 or whatever it was a pop I didn’t think it was bad value.

Just got back from 5 days there a couple of weeks ago. Had a class time and there’s still loads of things we had on our list that we didn’t get round to doing, so it gives us a reason to go back.

We didn’t bother with any of the passes, just picked and chose as we went depending on what we fancied. We did top of the Rockefeller, top of the World Trade Center where we sat in the bar for a bit (not cheap for a beer clearly but it’s hardly going to be the same price as Gunners club with that view), 9/11 memorial which was well worth the money and it’s surprisingly massive, history museum and a couple of other things.

Did loads of walking so managed to see a lot of free things we wanted to as well including Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge and for me The Dakota where John Lennon lived. Weather was a bit chilly to be sat on a tour bus so we just used the subway to get everywhere including from the airport and at $2.75 or whatever it was a pop I didn’t think it was bad value.
Im there next Monday few things I want to see ,so dont know whether to get a pass ,just want a chilled out few days and some nice grub ,

going for a week in September, staying at The Gallivant. First time going so looking forward to it!

BA are a total rip off mind, the amount they charge for you to select your seat.
This is where I stayed when I went for the first time in December 2018. It is spot on for location for your first time there, just off times square.

Make sure you go to Times Square diner And grill for breakfast, Its left out the hotel (opposite way to Times Square) and straight over the road. Lovely food, I was gutted I only went in on my last day.

So don't fly BA. I haven't flown them in years... My current favorite for comfort and amenities is Aer Lingus failing that I always preferrd Virgin in and out of New York to BA
I've just booked with BA and outbound is through Aer Lingus ... what a fart on booking seats with them. Took me two weeks and 3 phone calls to the Irish Philippines before in the end I had to find a number for Dublin to sort things out and they still charged me in pounds instead of Euros. Not setting a good impression.

Im there next Monday few things I want to see ,so dont know whether to get a pass ,just want a chilled out few days and some nice grub ,

They do sound like good value for money to be fair. The reason we opted not to get one was because we didn’t want to feel obliged to squeeze as many things in as possible in the relatively short time we had there just for the sake of it/because we’d already paid. In the main we got lucky with the weather so we were happy to spend loads of time just moseying about and walking, enjoying the vibe of being there and breaking up the day with various pub stops. :)

Subway's ideal like - we got a week pass so you could ride it whenever and however many times you want.

They do sound like good value for money to be fair. The reason we opted not to get one was because we didn’t want to feel obliged to squeeze as many things in as possible in the relatively short time we had there just for the sake of it/because we’d already paid. In the main we got lucky with the weather so we were happy to spend loads of time just moseying about and walking, enjoying the vibe of being there and breaking up the day with various pub stops. :)
That's what I'm after ,boat trip say Rockerfella and ground zero, women are off to Broadway to see a show

Subway's ideal like - we got a week pass so you could ride it whenever and however many times you want.

Aye it is, cheap and quick so ideal to get from A to B. Citymapper on me phone was a godsend for telling us which lines we needed to use and it still worked offline when you lost WiFi underground.

Back