New York

I agree it maks nee odds if you’re there on a weekend or midweek but it’s not THAT hot in May. I was there once in late May and we got four seasons in the space of a couple of days. I was there in January once and it was absolutely brutal. Miserably cold and when you turn a corner and the wind hits you it cuts right through, you might as well be in your drawers.

I've never found it to be a problem in January. Obviously I went dressed for the cold though. May is anyone's guess.

Staten Island ferry from the Battery.....canny Tapas bar within 3oo yards and then back again at night for the Manhattan views,,,,Spectacular. and its free (apart from the Tapas) Subway station 20 yards from terminal doors that takes you anywhere in NY
If you got a lot o' money you can make yourself merry.
If you only got a nickel it's the Staten Island Ferry.

We're off there in a couple of weeks without a great deal of prior planning, so we're quickly trying to work out what to see and when.
I do recommend Beso's tapas bar just to the right as you come out of the terminal on Staten Island use google..and your absolutely right to plan Normal sights are always good but we were there a couple of months ago we went out for meals and shows..The Club A Steak house on east 58th ,we've just booked for December ,same for the River Café in Brooklyn just under the bridge and the MoMa.. back in December for a week. just cant keep away.

We’re going on Saturday for a week. We’ve got a rough idea what we what to do, but as usual, haven’t really planned too much.

Anyone recommend some good street food places?
Hot-Dogs, Asian, Mexican, Tapas, etc...

We’re going on Saturday for a week. We’ve got a rough idea what we what to do, but as usual, haven’t really planned too much.

We just wandered between the main attractions stumbling across places to eat. There's a shitload of places so although it's probably not in the top ten list of highly regarded eateries my favourite was a place called Jax BBQ, nice bar and the food was really good. As the name suggests they do BBQ meats. It was a few blocks walk from Hudson Yards and the end of the High Line.

We tried a place called Sarge's as an alternative to Katz's on the advice of a few mates of mine but although it was nice it was still expensive and I didn't think it was all they'd talked it up to be.

Thank me lateer....http://pomodoro.nyc....Vodka Slice!

Last edited by a moderator:

we enjoyed eating here as it had loads of choice under 1 roof so you could just graze ,and a great atmosphere...and a bar with some mad beers

Off for New Year with the family. Any ideas what we can do on NYE with an 8yr old? Standing in times sq for 8 hour waiting for a ball to go down doesn’t sound fun imo, and def. won’t be for him!

Off for New Year with the family. Any ideas what we can do on NYE with an 8yr old? Standing in times sq for 8 hour waiting for a ball to go down doesn’t sound fun imo, and def. won’t be for him!
FAO Schwarz, is a HUGE toy store, on the way to Central Park.
It's a kids (and some grown ups) paradise, and worth a visit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pure Thai Cookhouse in Hell's Kitchen - get the beef steamed buns for a starter. 😍 Absolutely class. Jasper's Taphouse ower the road's a canny bar whilst ya there.

Have ya got a New York Pass sorted? Well worth the coin if you're doing the sights.

We stayed in The Shelburne - Lexington Avenue / E 37th - you can see the Empire State Building from the rooftop bar (only a few blocks away) - also close to Central Station, The Chrysler Building, etc. We walked pretty much everywhere.

Back