New three tier system announced

Is this article/leak suggesting that all shops/pubs can reopen from the 2nd or is it the 22nd when the christmas free for all comes in?

[
Is this article/leak suggesting that all shops/pubs can reopen from the 2nd or is it the 22nd when the christmas free for all comes in?
all it’s suggesting is that johnson will make a statement in Commons tomorrow on what the regulations will be when current ones run out on 2 December and guesses what they will be

Wonder what it means for the gyms and leisure facilities?

Still can't get my head around why they closed. People were going there on their own, exercising on their own, staying away from other people, and the gym would temporarily close after every session to wipe surfaces down and ventilate the building. I can't think of anywhere with a better commitment to being COVID secure, and anywhere that would have a healthy benefit for people, than the gym.

Unless there's evidence of in-gym COVID transmission that I'm not aware of, and there may very well be...I really think they should have kept the gyms open.

Still can't get my head around why they closed. People were going there on their own, exercising on their own, staying away from other people, and the gym would temporarily close after every session to wipe surfaces down and ventilate the building. I can't think of anywhere with a better commitment to being COVID secure, and anywhere that would have a healthy benefit for people, than the gym.

Unless there's evidence of in-gym COVID transmission that I'm not aware of, and there may very well be...I really think they should have kept the gyms open.
I agree mate, they really need to reconsider this time around. Even when we had extended restrictions gyms worked and operated well. The darker nights are making things harder and people want to be able to exercise, its good for both physical and mental aspects of what we are going through. Hope to god they see sense.

My mother is on her own so she will be either coming to my house or going to my sisters for a few days over Christmas, if any police or Covid marshals come to the door I’ll just say she’s my cleaner 😂

You'll have to prove it, pay etc.

3rd. Depending upon the tier for shops/restaurants. The "free for all" is the 22nd, and relates to households mixing etc.

Last edited:
if you think 500 people a day are Dying purely of Covid then your off your f***ing nut

Whether they’re dying ‘purely’ of COVID or not is immaterial. What matters is that the presence of COVID has caused a significant number of excess deaths.

It doesn’t matter if COVID alone is what has caused death, though I have seen a number of death certificates where COVID has been the underlying cause.

COVID has contributed to approximately 60,000 deaths since March.

Whether they’re dying ‘purely’ of COVID or not is immaterial. What matters is that the presence of COVID has caused a significant number of excess deaths.

It doesn’t matter if COVID alone is what has caused death, though I have seen a number of death certificates where COVID has been the underlying cause.

COVID has contributed to approximately 60,000 deaths since March.

id say that figure is probably higher

It may well be.

all the missed treatments, Suicides, Care home Fuck ups, the vulnerable. i think what I'm getting at is how long feasibly can we continue to live under restrictions, it wont be long before these small protests start getting larger in numbers especially when you have people losing their livelihood's etc nothing worse than angry people with a cause.

we will never agree on Covid but its not exactly the black plague there has to be a point where we live with this thing i don't see the vaccine as an answer unless it helps to stop transmission as well as fight against symptoms.

Back