New three tier system announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

History tells you Saturday night leaks are very common place. Its hardly like this is a first is it? Just out of interest when do you think the best time to leak it is?
It’s not like it’s a first. No.

this isn’t a tax policy however. Or money for nurses. Or education. Or crime.

it’s the lives of everyone in the country day to day.

I’d prefer it wasn’t leaked.

It’s not like it’s a first. No.

this isn’t a tax policy however. Or money for nurses. Or education. Or crime.

it’s the lives of everyone in the country day to day.

I’d prefer it wasn’t leaked.

In the grand scheme of things a leak here and there to soften the ground for a announcement in sod all really. Given the amount of people in the loop on these things you may as well leak it on your own terms rather than somebody else's. I would say its impossible to keep a lid on things tbh

In the grand scheme of things a leak here and there to soften the ground for a announcement in sod all really. Given the amount of people in the loop on these things you may as well leak it on your own terms rather than somebody else's. I would say its impossible to keep a lid on things tbh
It’s impossible if it’s deliberate yeah.

You on the wind up marra. CANCEL CHRISTMAS, CANCEL CHRISTMAS

You just permanently scouring the message board looking at things to get outraged about

Are you deliberately being this thick or not? Families shouldn’t be mixing at a time when 500 people a day are dying

What a weird series of posts by you like, mental

Agree, North will still be hampered with restrictions.
Yes mate.
In reality we were tier 1 but got shifted up cos Sheffield did.
Would think if you live in a council area bordering a northern city or large town then you can kiss it goodbye.

I think the gov do release a general briefing to all news outlets that can be broadcast from 10.30 (sat) that covers a bit of a high level timetable/what they Are doing tbd following week.

tbe Friday night leak of new national lockdown announced at the end of October was not planned

They honestly think we're all sat at home and not going out. The reality is a lot of us are still having to work through this and our kids are going to school.
This so-called lockdown feels so different. Fatigue has set in big style and the government have lost a large degree of control.

It’s impossible if it’s deliberate yeah.

Given the nature of politics and the amount of people in the loop it's very difficult to keep anything secret unless you are dealing with official secret acts stuff
Are you deliberately being this thick or not? Families shouldn’t be mixing at a time when 500 people a day are dying

Last edited:

It’s about a degree of balance though. Not as binary as you put it. Christmas Day is already the busiest day for suicide hotlines namely Samaritans, loneliness can kill. There’s a nuanced argument and middle ground to be had. I’ve taken covid seriously throughout but I’m just as terrified of the longer term impacts of the shutdown of society - mental health, mass unemployment, crime, excess cancer deaths.
The Christmas issue is a complex one. I don’t see why it needs to be 5 days. But as I said on another post, many will flout it anyway and government won’t want their control of the situation to be on the decline, eventhough deep down they know it is. I think they’d save face more and avoid a bad January by keeping it 2 days. People want to see a bit of give and take, it’s not about believing it’s a UN conspiracy, many ordinary folk feel it’s one rule for the elites and another for us, the Cummings fiasco accelerated if not created that feeling.

It’s about a degree of balance though. Not as binary as you put it. Christmas Day is already the busiest day for suicide hotlines namely Samaritans, loneliness can kill. There’s a nuanced argument and middle ground to be had. I’ve taken covid seriously throughout but I’m just as terrified of the longer term impacts of the shutdown of society - mental health, mass unemployment, crime, excess cancer deaths.
The Christmas issue is a complex one. I don’t see why it needs to be 5 days. But as I said on another post, many will flout it anyway and government won’t want their control of the situation to be on the decline, eventhough deep down they know it is. I think they’d save face more and avoid a bad January by keeping it 2 days. People want to see a bit of give and take, it’s not about believing it’s a UN conspiracy, many ordinary folk feel it’s one rule for the elites and another for us, the Cummings fiasco accelerated if not created that feeling.

I think the majority will still not flout it much like, polling has been quite steady on this

If you are a single household you can join a bubble anyway

Its a bad idea like sorry, which will cause a lot of unnecessary harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back