New three tier system announced

all the missed treatments, Suicides, Care home Fuck ups, the vulnerable. i think what I'm getting at is how long feasibly can we continue to live under restrictions, it wont be long before these small protests start getting larger in numbers especially when you have people losing their livelihood's etc nothing worse than angry people with a cause.

we will never agree on Covid but its not exactly the black plague there has to be a point where we live with this thing i don't see the vaccine as an answer unless it helps to stop transmission as well as fight against symptoms.

Well, it's approximately 60,000 when you count the number of death certificates that mention COVID-19, but yes, some people will have died because COVID meant they couldn't access treatment they needed.

Restrictions can't last forever and they won't last forever. If it was COVID-89 rather than COVID-19, with poorer treatments and a lower likelihood of getting a vaccine within this timeframe, I think we'd have moved to an acceptance that many people were going to die and we simply had to push through it.

Fortunately, we are but weeks, actual weeks, from the NHS delivering the first vaccinations to people. It is the only answer we have.

Well, it's approximately 60,000 when you count the number of death certificates that mention COVID-19, but yes, some people will have died because COVID meant they couldn't access treatment they needed.

Restrictions can't last forever and they won't last forever. If it was COVID-89 rather than COVID-19, with poorer treatments and a lower likelihood of getting a vaccine within this timeframe, I think we'd have moved to an acceptance that many people were going to die and we simply had to push through it.

Fortunately, we are but weeks, actual weeks, from the NHS delivering the first vaccinations to people. It is the only answer we have.

The people banging on about suicide rates, are usually the ones who have never cared about the issue once in their life, and just want shops and pubs open, but trying to frame it in a way they look good

I know peopel who have actively mocked mental health stuff, no seeming advocates for suicide prevention, hell of a coincidence

The people banging on about suicide rates, are usually the ones who have never cared about the issue once in their life, and just want shops and pubs open, but trying to frame it in a way they look good

I know peopel who have actively mocked mental health stuff, no seeming advocates for suicide prevention, hell of a coincidence

Totally agree. Loads of people care about things they never cared about before, because of all of a sudden their interests are aligned.

Much like how loads of people became advocates against anti-semitism all of a sudden.

Totally agree. Loads of people care about things they never cared about before, because of all of a sudden their interests are aligned.

Much like how loads of people became advocates against anti-semitism all of a sudden.

Its a really simple one for me this now, the vaccine is coming, and quickly, lets save as many lives in this period as possible

If there was nothing on the horizon there is a slight arguent for something, but not at the minute

just people being selfish IMO, there will be people impacted I have no doubt, but the majority of people spouting these lines, not for me.

Its a really simple one for me this now, the vaccine is coming, and quickly, lets save as many lives in this period as possible

If there was nothing on the horizon there is a slight arguent for something, but not at the minute

just people being selfish IMO, there will be people impacted I have no doubt, but the majority of people spouting these lines, not for me.

Give people the advice and if they don't want to take any risks they can still shield and wait for the vaccine

[

all it’s suggesting is that johnson will make a statement in Commons tomorrow on what the regulations will be when current ones run out on 2 December and guesses what they will be

I do enjoy all the outrage that comes from the papers assuming and guessing things that may or may not happen

Sunak is set to announce how we start paying the bill for what's gone on in the last 10 months this week too. I suspect the Christmas relaxation is what is going to be used to mask what's coming.
Northerners and poor pay for it as they need and cause the restrictions. Southerners and rich pay nowt as they’re not affected

Still can't get my head around why they closed. People were going there on their own, exercising on their own, staying away from other people, and the gym would temporarily close after every session to wipe surfaces down and ventilate the building. I can't think of anywhere with a better commitment to being COVID secure, and anywhere that would have a healthy benefit for people, than the gym.

Unless there's evidence of in-gym COVID transmission that I'm not aware of, and there may very well be...I really think they should have kept the gyms open.

I wondered if it depended on the gym. Can't see the problem with the type of gym you mentioned above.

I didn't feel comfortable going back to the one I was going to as it was group fitness classes and I felt people were too close together. It was a marked grid of rectangles on the floor and you had to stay in your rectangle but people are less than 2m apart and I wouldn't have liked to have been in one of the middle rectangles with people all around me. They're still doing boxing once a week, so obviously you have to be closer than 2m to each other to do that!
Sunak is set to announce how we start paying the bill for what's gone on in the last 10 months this week too. I suspect the Christmas relaxation is what is going to be used to mask what's coming.

Can't wait to pay increased taxes to cover the money I haven't had 😁

Last edited by a moderator:

Back