New Music Releases Thread

Aside from Sault (I assume it's incoming this week), there are new releases this week from Alvvays, Bonny Light Horseman, Broken Bells, Bush, Daphni, Charlie Puth, Chloe Moriondo, Context NA, Counterparts, Disq, Dungen, Indigo Sparke, Keiji Heino & Sumac, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Lamb of God, Loraine James, Saint Christopher, Shabason & Krgovich, Sorry, The Cult, The Orielles, Tim Baker, Will Sheff (Okkervil River's fornt man solo), Patrick Watson, Phil Tyler & Sarah Hill, Gilla Band (formerly Girl Band), Pete Astor, Courtney Marie Andrews, Johanna Warren and Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott.

Aside from Sault (I assume it's incoming this week), there are new releases this week from Alvvays, Bonny Light Horseman, Broken Bells, Bush, Daphni, Charlie Puth, Chloe Moriondo, Context NA, Counterparts, Disq, Dungen, Indigo Sparke, Keiji Heino & Sumac, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Lamb of God, Loraine James, Saint Christopher, Shabason & Krgovich, Sorry, The Cult, The Orielles, Tim Baker, Will Sheff (Okkervil River's fornt man solo), Patrick Watson, Phil Tyler & Sarah Hill, Gilla Band (formerly Girl Band), Pete Astor, Courtney Marie Andrews, Johanna Warren and Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott.
There’s 3 Gizzard albums this month, this week, another next week and the 3rd at the end of the month. They’ve been a bit “quantity over quality” the since “Infest the Rats Nest” so hopefully one of these is a return to form.

Gizzard, Will Sheff and Courtney Marie Andrews for me this week.

Last edited:
There’s 3 Gizzard albums this month, this week, another next week and the 3rd at the end of the month. They’ve been a bit “quantity over quality” the last couple of years so hopefully one of these is a return to form.

Gizzard, Will Sheff and Courtney Marie Andrews

I noticed that with the Gizz releases. I think one or two recently have seemed more like grab bags if tracks which didn't quite make other albums than albums themselves.

I noticed that with the Gizz releases. I think one or two recently have seemed more like grab bags if tracks which didn't quite make other albums than albums themselves.
Yeah, I thought the last one was probably the best they’ve released since “Rats Nest” but it was very much a mish-mash of all the styles they’ve done, and felt more like an album of re-recorded demos from old records than a new album.

Good week. I really can’t be arsed with Gizzard these days, but very much looking forward to Gilla Band

Miles Hunt new album (and he says likely his last)

Really enjoyed that Oliver Sim record, thank you to those who recommended it.

Any fans of the Gabriels album? Been getting some good reviews, it’s on my list.

Which reminds me. Somewhat belated as I'm working 12 hour days:

Talk Show: an EP. Angryish post-punk. Pretty good.
High Vis: politicised London punks go anthemic, as they do. Quite poppy, one for the lads.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs: starts brilliantly, ends brilliantly, sags in between.
Lambchop: a mix of their older lo-fi stuff and the newer dancing while sitdown autotuned vocals stuff. Really good TBH. Their best in ages.
Dan Lyons & the Tenants: old school indie charmer makes album. It starts out slowly but develops into something modestly raucous.
Titus Andronicus: fun, better than their recent releases but nowhere near what their early albums promised me.
Pixies: probably their best since they returned but still a modest effort relative to albums of yore.
Bjork: very good indeed, not an easy listen though.
John Fullbright: he's back, baby! After eight years, he returns with some cracking piano led songs. Exceptional.
The Vacant Lots: synthy, punky, short, enjoyable.
Blue Note Reimagined Vol 2: more covers of songs released on Blue Note done by UK jazz artists. It's a good comp. Includes a cover of 'Harvest Moon', which I guess was covered by someone on Blue Note.
Minimal Schlager: synth pop with female vocals. Very useful.

Album of the week: John Fullbright holds off a strong challenge from Lambchop with Bjork picking up each way dosh for her backers.
Thanks for the recommendation of John Fulbright. Enjoying the new album and the back catalogue very much.

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis' soundtrack album for Dahmer (Netflix series) is impressive. They've also done the soundtrack for Blonde (Marilyn Monroe film - also on Netflix).

Had the Young Jesus record on repeat since last week. I can’t consume as much music as you lot can, I’m incredibly impressed. Will give Courtney Marie Andrews and Orielles a spin though. Perhaps Daphni too.

Sorry record is great. Daphni a bit meh on first listen.

Gilla Band didn't do much for me either. First track is so abrasive it really put me off. :lol: Turned it off midway through and put on Shame instead.

Back