New Music Releases Thread

Discussion in 'SMB' started by James, Feb 7, 2013.

1. James

James Striker

What albums are you listening to then? It's been quite a good start to the year.

Really enjoying the new Frightened Rabbit album, definitely the best thing they've released IMO. Veronica Falls new one is decent. Dutch Uncles very good. Everything Everything pretty shit. Haven't got round to m b v yet, but it's next on my list.

And are you looking forward to anything that's coming out soon? New Foals out next week, on first few listens it's pretty disappointing though.

chunkylover53 likes this.
  2. Fetch Fletch

Fetch Fletch Striker

Of Monsters and Men - My Head is an Animal

Superb album, it's like The magic numbers grew up listening to The National and matured. Some superb instrumental parts. Great vocals and just great feel good music.

PTR likes this.
  3. mini-x2

mini-x2 Striker

Remind me of The Stone Roses with female vocals for some reason.

Of recent stuff I'm listening to Delphic's latest album. I like it.

4. daventry cat

daventry cat Striker

a fine frenzy - pines

off the back of a gushing review in the sunday times, lived up to the hype tbh

5. James

James Striker

I forgot about Delphic. They seemed to just disappear after the debut, I'll give that a listen tomorrow.

Strangely enough I've just bought the OMAM album for my sisters birthday, pointing her towards decent music. ;)

Oh, and no.

6. Stealing Sheep

7. riffraff

riffraff Striker

Factory Floor.
    Concretism.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  8. davemackem

davemackem Goalkeeper

eels, christopher owens, dutch uncles, veronica falls, serafina steer, new electric ride ep, irrepressibles

9. GAQuinn

GAQuinn Winger

Mbv, frightened rabbit and unknown mortal orchestra are currently my most played

10. kingmonkey

kingmonkey Winger

Adam Green and Binki Shapiro is just a lovely record. not ground breaking, just lovely.

Sebasaurus II likes this.
  11. Jasper

Jasper Striker

Enjoyed the first, worth giving the second a go?

12. James

James Striker

Supporting The Postal Service on tour. Very decent album. The fit one ruined herself by cutting her hair short.

13. Crayola-Kid

Crayola-Kid Midfield

Need to look into this - really liked her first 2 and didn't know there was new stuff out. Thanks!

14. chrisVoyeur

chrisVoyeur Goalkeeper

Palma Violets - 108 - cracking stuff
    Off to see them tomorrow night :cool:

15. TIMMY

TIMMY Midfield

Local Natives
    Foals
    The Cribs new single is good

16. James

James Striker

So is Exclamation Pony's.

17. Played Glasgow recently supported by TeenCanteen, another great band.:cool:

18. Friend or Foe

Friend or Foe New Member

What a gem.

Didn't even realise local Natives had released another album.

Cheers.

19. James

James Striker

Any good? I've got it lined up as my next listen.

Got Foals on at the minute, hate how the two singles are right at the beginning. :neutral: It still feels like a bit of a let down.

20. Wally

Wally Central Defender

Are Veronica Falls worth checking out then? They're playing The Cluny soon and after reading about them on the website I mighty have a dodge through like.