New Music Releases Thread

Feeling less confident - Cribs canceled yesterday. Not sure if it's more likely for overseas bands to cancel because of the cross-border travel, so I'm wondering if Fontaines, Yard Act and Biffy will end up having to follow suit (I'd be less bothered about Biffy as I've seen them several times, but would be pissed if the other 2 cancel). @Mickdundee any word on whether Laura is still planning to come over? She canceled a few over here recently

Yard Act should go ahead mate - spoke to their lot this afternoon and it’s still defo on as of now

Feeling less confident - Cribs canceled yesterday. Not sure if it's more likely for overseas bands to cancel because of the cross-border travel, so I'm wondering if Fontaines, Yard Act and Biffy will end up having to follow suit (I'd be less bothered about Biffy as I've seen them several times, but would be pissed if the other 2 cancel). @Mickdundee any word on whether Laura is still planning to come over? She canceled a few over here recently

I've noticed a few tours being cancelled in the past couple of weeks for Americans coming to the UK and then seen The Cribs cancelling their tour the other day. Had one gig I was going to last week cancelled three days before the gig and the whole tour pushed back to August, bit annoying like but what can you do.

Was reading that Mike Skinner was getting a lot of grief last week when he cancelled The Streets tour and is DJing a few nights in London instead. Said the reason for it is there's no point trying to tour right now when you have a large group of people travelling together for the gigs who all need to test negative twice a day for however long the tour lasts to be able to perform. Would just end up missing a load of shows or having to cancel closer to the time.

I've noticed a few tours being cancelled in the past couple of weeks for Americans coming to the UK and then seen The Cribs cancelling their tour the other day. Had one gig I was going to last week cancelled three days before the gig and the whole tour pushed back to August, bit annoying like but what can you do.

Was reading that Mike Skinner was getting a lot of grief last week when he cancelled The Streets tour and is DJing a few nights in London instead. Said the reason for it is there's no point trying to tour right now when you have a large group of people travelling together for the gigs who all need to test negative twice a day for however long the tour lasts to be able to perform. Would just end up missing a load of shows or having to cancel closer to the time.
Yeah, I was disappointed about the Cribs - first gig of the year down the pan. Hope everyone else manages to hold their nerve (safely of course), but what you say about Skinner does make sense.

Any spares knocking about for yard act at the cluny? I’m on the waiting list on dice like
RPM were advertising some ticket and album bundles for the November show on Facebook yesterday. The band were at the store yesterday for a signing session. There were running a raffle for 2 cluny tickets as well. Prob all done and dusted now but might be worth checking with the shop.

RPM were advertising some ticket and album bundles for the November show on Facebook yesterday. The band were at the store yesterday for a signing session. There were running a raffle for 2 cluny tickets as well. Prob all done and dusted now but might be worth checking with the shop.
Just read an earlier post on RPM's fb. You had to be at the in-store event to be entered in the raffle.

There are new albums this week from Alice Glass, Anais Mitchell, Eels, Jethro Tull, John Mayall, Pinegrove, St Paul & the Broken Bones, Urge Overkill, North Mississippi Allstars, Group Listening,Josephine Foster, Combo Chimbita, Brent Cobb, Black Flower, Aoife O'Donovan, Kreidler, Imarhan, Tim Hecker, Simone Felice and The Diasonics.

Also, Heavenly Remixes 3 & 4 (Andy Weatherall Remixes) gets released and Modern Nature's "Island of Noise" reaches streaming platforms.

There are new albums this week from Alice Glass, Anais Mitchell, Eels, Jethro Tull, John Mayall, Pinegrove, St Paul & the Broken Bones, Urge Overkill, North Mississippi Allstars, Group Listening,Josephine Foster, Combo Chimbita, Brent Cobb, Black Flower, Aoife O'Donovan, Kreidler, Imarhan, Tim Hecker, Simone Felice and The Diasonics.

Also, Heavenly Remixes 3 & 4 (Andy Weatherall Remixes) gets released and Modern Nature's "Island of Noise" reaches streaming platforms.
And deathcrash

And Jamie Webster 😎

Back