Neil Young taken off Spotify

Big Jeff

Winger
Spotify has begun removing music by Neil Young after the rock star called for the streaming platform to choose between him and podcaster Joe Rogan.
Accusing him of Covid misinformation, Young told Spotify this week: "They can have Rogan or Young. Not both."

Spotify has begun removing music by Neil Young after the rock star called for the streaming platform to choose between him and podcaster Joe Rogan.
Accusing him of Covid misinformation, Young told Spotify this week: "They can have Rogan or Young. Not both."
Fair play to him for doing this. There's no way Spotify would have removed Rogan though after paying $100m to have him on there exclusively. I'd dare say more people probably listen to Rogan than Neil Young anyway.

Never listened to Rogan, just know that that @Aituk7 loved him

Young is a proper legend mind
I’ve watched a few clips and his format is quite good. He gives guests time and he does discuss topics with people who aren’t mainstream. I have no idea of his politics. I think he may be a Covid idiot. Not sure.
Love Neil Young and he will be a miss on Spotify if more artists did the same it could hurt them. If a number of my faves went I’d certainly jump ship to a different service

I’ve watched a few clips and his format is quite good. He gives guests time and he does discuss topics with people who aren’t mainstream. I have no idea of his politics. I think he may be a Covid idiot. Not sure.
Love Neil Young and he will be a miss on Spotify if more artists did the same it could hurt them. If a number of my faves went I’d certainly jump ship to a different service
Seems so given there was also a letter from hundreds of doctors/medical professionals

Neil Young is class like, doesn't give a fuck and never has
That’s true. That’s why he spent 10mins hoying feedback about & blowing paper on the stage to represent hurricane Katrina when I went to see him. That & chantting “fuck you” to the crowd for 5mins. Glad I paid £63. One of the highlights was Blowin’ In The Wind. Great cover. £63.

Back