New Music Releases Thread

You're absolutely right. I got the tip from an email of new releases - it'll teach me to go by preview view without doing the full read "On Failures, her first full-length release..." (click to read more - "...in almost 7 years")

Mind, the link then says her first "proper" full length, so it could be her first US release (US Spotify has this as the only album but has an EP, Tearing Ventricles, from 2013)
Yeah it looks like the first “album” is 2 EPs packaged together because it’s 10 tracks called “Tearing Ventricles (And the Slow Parade)”

On the other hand, it's very good, might be their best yet. A lot of big name guests, Zack de la Rocha and Josh Homme have already been mentioned but they've also got Pharrell on there and, the highlight for me, Mavis Staples...
It certainly is, am loving it. Just hope they get to tour it. Amazing live

Not sure if anyone cares, but ska-punkers and Asian Man Records founders The Chinkees releases a 4 track EP yesterday, their first release in 17 years.

Right the May playlist is done. Give it a listen with this link.

Really decent month I think. I've given each of these tracks their 30 seconds each and it's a good batch. Cheers for all suggestions.

Personal favourites being Choir Boy, Human Leather, The Cool Greenhouse, Bad History Month (yeah this was April but get fucked). From my listening this morning I'll be getting onto full record spins of Maita, Cafe Racer, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith, Jess Rosenstock, Darren Hayman, Katie Von Schleicher, 2nd Grade, Melanas, Jason Simon and Jade Hairpins.

Last edited:

Really decent month I think. I've given each of these tracks their 30 seconds each and it's a good batch. Cheers for all suggestions.

Personal favourites being Choir Boy, Human Leather, The Cool Greenhouse, Bad History Month (yeah this was April but get fucked). From my listening this morning I'll be getting onto full record spins of Maita, Cafe Racer, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith, Jess Rosenstock, Darren Hayman, Katie Von Schleicher, 2nd Grade, Melanas, Jason Simon and Jade Hairpins.

Excellent. Will listen today. Much appreciate you doing this

Link doesn’t work for me

Really liking the Austra track. Missed that when it came out.

I saw Sports Team support Hinds the other year and thought they were dreadful. Will give it a try from the positive reviews in here.

I’ll give it a go but I’ve never been into them...think I’m just not a fan of El-P’s production.

I do like El but I get why people wouldn't be keen. DDFH from the first album stands out a mile for it's simplicity compared to the rest, it's great.

Production on this album seems even more out there than the last one so not sure you'd be a big fan of this album!

Back