New Music Releases Thread

im same as @chunkylover53 in that I may listen to a couple of tracks then know if it’s for me or not.
Also some posters prefer and post genres that isn’t really my cup of tea so I listen to albums recommended by some posters more than others.
I’ve been listening to Sei Still and Krautwerk a lot recently after seeing your posts. Both quality.

Angry Bob is definitely the best Bob
Wouldn't disagree. New album Sept 25
Also intrigued to hear the Sports Team album (from this neck of the woods) and Muzz (some sort of NYC indie supergroup with Paul Banks of Interpol on vocals).
I'd be curious about Sports Team as well. Didn't know anything about them until last week but picked up a single (Fishing) in a Rough Trade flash sale - liked it and the singles on Spotify

Last edited:
I'd be curious about Sports Team as well. Didn't know anything about them until last week but picked up a single (Fishing) in a Rough Trade flash sale - liked it and the singles on Spotify

Yeah. The singles remind of some of the semi-successful mid-00s guitar bands (The Rakes, Maximo Park) with a slightly foppish Jarvis Cocker/Bernard Black vibe.

Hello all, been reading this forum for fair few years and joined today just to vent spleen re season ticket, but this is one of threads enjoyed reading most and have gathered some useful info from posts ( descriptions are usually spot on ) .
Will try and contribute as often stuff I like isn't on new release lists( I was a big indie fan in 1980s but nearly 56 now ) . eg bought latest Starless album last week and just got an old Great lake swimmers album today ( got most recent based on review on here couple of years ago) .
Keep up good work everyone.

Hello all, been reading this forum for fair few years and joined today just to vent spleen re season ticket, but this is one of threads enjoyed reading most and have gathered some useful info from posts ( descriptions are usually spot on ) .
Will try and contribute as often stuff I like isn't on new release lists( I was a big indie fan in 1980s but nearly 56 now ) . eg bought latest Starless album last week and just got an old Great lake swimmers album today ( got most recent based on review on here couple of years ago) .
Welcome to the board fella. All ideas and musings on music are welcomed

Welcome brother.

Welcome! Great Lake Swimmers are ace...

Welcome mate. I absolutely guarantee you’ll find this less stressful than the season ticket threads !

Welcome. It's a great thread and looking forward to you adding. Big indie fan in the 1980s but just turned 52. :D

Welcome. If nothing else, at least Donald has turned a new poster to this thread.

Just listening to Nation of Language, Brooklyn dream pop electro stuff

probably already mentioned

I listened to bits of that and thought it was decent enough. Need to listen to fully though.
I hate the term ‘dream pop’ instantly gives me the impression of wet blankets singing limply over wet music !!

Welcome mate...and well done, you’ve found the best thread on the board already :lol:

Back