New Music Releases Thread

For fans of IPAs and David Berman/Silver Jews, Verdant have rebrewed their Random Rules 6.5% IPA. Can confirm it absolutely bangs.

For fans of IPAs and David Berman/Silver Jews, Verdant have rebrewed their Random Rules 6.5% IPA. Can confirm it absolutely bangs.

I’m gonna shock you mate....

Great new album out today from Wargirl.

Female fronted similar to ESG / Sink ya teeth. Some tracks also have very Motown like melodies.
very good.

If anyone wants to buy it it's 99p on Google Play until midnight - their last desperate attempt to pip Lady Gaga to number one (they've supposedly been neck and neck or just ahead all week but she's started to edge in front)

desperate being the operative word - not seen a band so brazenly begging for sales in years

desperate being the operative word - not seen a band so brazenly begging for sales in years
It's been pretty bad this week, like, to be honest. They had the gall yesterday to include a 50% off code for vinyl for use at an online record store, emailed to the mailing list that no doubt many of whom (myself included) had paid full whack the week before. That was on top of telling any of them who had paid for the download they could now get it for 99p! Embarrassing and totally lacking in self-awareness.

I'd recently been trying to find out what Yellow Creatures were up to and found that unfortunately they've had to part ways but frontman Marc Bird has solo album out today. It's very good. Full visual album to come on youtube too. Description below is lifted from his bandcamp.

Marc Bird is a songwriter, producer and visual artist originally from Sunderland, UK. After prematurely leaving art school at the age of 19, Marc has continued to develop his work in his home studio. With influences ranging from Beach House to Bill Nelson, and from Delia Derbyshire to Depeche Mode, his unique, introspective creations transcend the borders of bedroom pop.

I'd recently been trying to find out what Yellow Creatures were up to and found that unfortunately they've had to part ways but frontman Marc Bird has solo album out today. It's very good. Full visual album to come on youtube too. Description below is lifted from his bandcamp.

Marc Bird is a songwriter, producer and visual artist originally from Sunderland, UK. After prematurely leaving art school at the age of 19, Marc has continued to develop his work in his home studio. With influences ranging from Beach House to Bill Nelson, and from Delia Derbyshire to Depeche Mode, his unique, introspective creations transcend the borders of bedroom pop.

I'll definitely give this a listen. Was in a band with birdy for years during college/uni but haven't heard from him for a long time.

Park Hye-Jin - How Can I EP.

She’s a Korean DJ and producer, and the Ep is only part released on Apple Music, but has a previous one if you don’t want it EP release 2018. Music is down temp electronic / dance music - not for all I appreciate that.

Back