New Music Releases Thread

Saw Fontaines DC in a way too overcrowded Brixton Academy last night. Not their finest show but fuck me, they’ve got some career ahead. Will comfortably overtake Idles on album 2.

in my humble opinion, IDLES are the better band and I expect that to continue into album 2

Found that record fairly disposable. Thought it was okay but haven't gone back to it since it came out.

Kind of blown away by how much they've exploded. Did they get hyped up by the NME or end up on tele or something? Can't work it out!

6 music mate. Lamacq just ran and ran with it. They’ve had 4-5 A list records on there. And now R1 have had to take notice too. They’re on the B list there at the moment.

It’d be a disaster for independent music and bands like Fontaines if the BBC really does get forced into streamlining services by the government.
in my humble opinion, IDLES are the better band and I expect that to continue into album 2

I’m split - don’t love either of them all that much but from what I saw last night in terms of the age demographic, Fontaines have a potentially far wider appeal. Which of them make better records, as I say, I’m divided.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m split - don’t love either of them all that much but from what I saw last night in terms of the age demographic, Fontaines have a potentially far wider appeal. Which of them make better records, as I say, I’m divided.

I’m far from an authority just I preferred the IDLES record.
ive never see either live in flesh but from their respective Glastonbury gigs I saw on tele, i again enjoyed the IDLES performance more. I am looking forward to both new releases hopefully sooner rather than later.

what was the age demographic mate ? I saw Black Midi last week, the place was packed to the rafters but mainly a very young ( 18-21 ) crowd

Taking this opportunity while the indie lads are out in force...

Porridge Radio - Every Bad (out 13 March on Secretly Canadian)
Sorry - 925 (our 27 March on Domino)

Two belters

6 music mate. Lamacq just ran and ran with it. They’ve had 4-5 A list records on there. And now R1 have had to take notice too. They’re on the B list there at the moment.

It’d be a disaster for independent music and bands like Fontaines if the BBC really does get forced into streamlining services by the government.

Aye its the demographic that surprises me too, which is why I couldn't see how they'd reached that mix. Completely forgot about the radio which probably explains it, especially R1.

Was sat there in a boozer a few months ago trying to work it out, as everyone around us was going to see them at the Forum and we were off to Boston Music Rooms. Not really the sort of crowd I was expecting. Fair play.

Lurpak's continual playing of both on 6 put me right off them. I eventually got over my prejudice with idles but I still can't be done with fontaines

I’m far from an authority just I preferred the IDLES record.
ive never see either live in flesh but from their respective Glastonbury gigs I saw on tele, i again enjoyed the IDLES performance more. I am looking forward to both new releases hopefully sooner rather than later.

what was the age demographic mate ? I saw Black Midi last week, the place was packed to the rafters but mainly a very young ( 18-21 ) crowd

Loads of 6 music dads at the back and down the sides then teenagers going crackers in the middle and down front.

Black Midi have a surprisingly young audience for such a f***ing weird band!

Found that record fairly disposable. Thought it was okay but haven't gone back to it since it came out.

Kind of blown away by how much they've exploded. Did they get hyped up by the NME or end up on tele or something? Can't work it out!

Likewise. I thought they were brilliant at Glastonbury, then listened to the album and was disappointed. They sound much better live.

Tomorrow's new albums today. This week, we have releases from Five Finger Death Punch, Gigi Masin, Gord Sinclair, James Taylor, Mondo Generator (different title to last week so presumably a second album in 2 weeks), Real Estate, Soccer Mommy, The Secret Sisters, Tycho, Wajatta, Wated Shirt (Ty Segall and the drummer form Lightning Bolt), Caribou, the Bob Stanley & Pete Wiggs Present The Tears Of Technology compilation, Wrangler, Sink Ya Teeth, Angelica Garcia, Cold Beat and Brooke Bentham.

Tomorrow's new albums today. This week, we have releases from Five Finger Death Punch, Gigi Masin, Gord Sinclair, James Taylor, Mondo Generator (different title to last week so presumably a second album in 2 weeks), Real Estate, Soccer Mommy, The Secret Sisters, Tycho, Wajatta, Wated Shirt (Ty Segall and the drummer form Lightning Bolt), Caribou, the Bob Stanley & Pete Wiggs Present The Tears Of Technology compilation, Wrangler, Sink Ya Teeth, Angelica Garcia, Cold Beat and Brooke Bentham.
Damn you James Taylor!

It’s a previously unreleased recording from 2010

Back