New Music Releases Thread

Tomorrow's new albums today. This week, we have releases from Five Finger Death Punch, Gigi Masin, Gord Sinclair, James Taylor, Mondo Generator (different title to last week so presumably a second album in 2 weeks), Real Estate, Soccer Mommy, The Secret Sisters, Tycho, Wajatta, Wated Shirt (Ty Segall and the drummer form Lightning Bolt), Caribou, the Bob Stanley & Pete Wiggs Present The Tears Of Technology compilation, Wrangler, Sink Ya Teeth, Angelica Garcia, Cold Beat and Brooke Bentham.
Real Estate, Soccer Mommy, Caribou, Wated Shirt and Sink Ya Teeth for me Bob

Tomorrow's new albums today. This week, we have releases from Five Finger Death Punch, Gigi Masin, Gord Sinclair, James Taylor, Mondo Generator (different title to last week so presumably a second album in 2 weeks), Real Estate, Soccer Mommy, The Secret Sisters, Tycho, Wajatta, Wated Shirt (Ty Segall and the drummer form Lightning Bolt), Caribou, the Bob Stanley & Pete Wiggs Present The Tears Of Technology compilation, Wrangler, Sink Ya Teeth, Angelica Garcia, Cold Beat and Brooke Bentham.
caribou soccer mommy and any other recommendations for me.

Soccer mommy is on the latest episode of the always excellent song exploder podcast if anyone is interested.

caribou soccer mommy and any other recommendations for me.

Soccer mommy is on the latest episode of the always excellent song exploder podcast if anyone is interested.

Real Estate are pretty good. Kind of jangly indie with a twist. Also, Sink Ya Teeth are, for want of a better description, kind of danceable post-punk, first album was intriguing. Wrangler are basically Creep Show without John Grant.

Looking forward to Friday.

wrangler and sink ya teeth are great.
caribou
Tycho

the bob Stanley / Pete Riggs has been on Spotify for a while and it’s really good.

Brooke Bentham is from South Shields and went to Whitburn Comp. Always nice to see local talented musicians do well.

A couple of their new tracks appeared on one of my Spotify playlists recently, sounded good. So for the past fortnight their back catalogue has been getting a hammering, what a class band they are.

The only date I could make for their current tour, Glasgow is sold out. I’m on the waiting list but don’t hold out much hope...Gutted would have been great to see them live.

Very much looking forward to their new album tomorrow.

A couple of their new tracks appeared on one of my Spotify playlists recently, sounded good. So for the past fortnight their back catalogue has been getting a hammering, what a class band they are.

The only date I could make for their current tour, Glasgow is sold out. I’m on the waiting list but don’t hold out much hope...Gutted would have been great to see them live.

Get down to London for Tame Impala at All Points East. They're on the bill.

Seen them/him a couple of times already and loved. If it's even close to the previous two records you can't go wrong.

Edit. Tremendous review

You should give Daphni a try if you like Caribou, it's the same bloke just under a different pseudonym. Been a couple of more recent releases under the Daphni name since the last Caribou album.

You should give Daphni a try if you like Caribou, it's the same bloke just under a different pseudonym. Been a couple of more recent releases under the Daphni name since the last Caribou album.

Yep. His Daphni recordings tend to be a bit more club orientated whereas Caribou tend to be a bit more headscratchy. Also worth checking out the two albums he recorded as Manitoba before "Handsome Dick" Manitoba of The Dictators sued over the name.

The Proper Ornaments new album 'Mission Bells' is released today. Saw them support TOY a few years back and enjoyed their records ever since. Will be giving this a listen over the weekend.

Back