New Music Releases Thread

A bit quiet for new stuff again this week. Albums from Benjamin Francis Leftwich, Karen O & Dangermouse, Matmos, Snarky Puppy, Stephen Malkmus, Steve Adamyk Band, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, The Cinematic Orchestra, The Faint, Tim O'Brien Band, Todd Snider, David Ian Roberts, The Comet Is Coming, Howe Gelb, Finn Andrews and The Loads I've Undoubtedly Missed Band.

Malkmus and The Comet Is Coming are two obvious standouts for me...

Had mixed reviews but I think that one is excellent.

Malkmus - grown on me, but still doesn’t sound like Malkmus
Nilufer Yanya - it’s class
Lambchop - it’s pleasant enough, but I’ve got to admit it washed over me. Will try again
Jenny Lewis - haven’t listened to her or Rilo Kiley for years, but she has an ear for a hook. Good album, could be more than good...
Ex Hex - liked the previous stuff, this was a bit crap
Lucy Rose - never got the hype. Beige

I am a massive, massive Rilo Kiley and Jenny Lewis fan. Rilo Kiley are probably my second favourite band ever, and Lewis' solo work is just as excellent. Her last album, The Voyager, is one of the best albums I've ever listened to. I think her new one (On The Line) is a grower, it doesn't immediately capture me like The Voyager does, but it is still good.

(also reading this back, if Patrick Bateman could only do five sit-ups and drove a one-litre hatchback...)

Last edited:
Tame Impala’s new single is just what I’d want from them. Lovely stuff for a good old “chill”. New album expected in the summer.

How the fuck do you get Alexa to play this though?

Very good:lol::lol:

I’ve been working with her for best part of three years and you wouldn’t believe the number of different pronunciations I’ve heard.

‘Baby Blu’ off the album was tonight’s Hottest Record in the World on Radio 1.

Last releases of March tomorrow. Albums from Ben Platt, Beth Gibbons & the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra,Billie Ellish, C Duncan, Devin Townsend, Fennesz, Gang of Four, George Strait, Good Cop Bad Cop (Matt Helders and a bloke from Milburn), I Prevail. LA Guns, Lion Babe, Marvin Gaye (a lost album), Mekons, Rita Wilson, Show Me The Body, Son Volt, Steve Earle & the Dukes, Ty Segall (live album),UNKLE, White Denim, Whitechapel, Marry Waterson & Emily Barker, Mdou Moctar, Lawrence Arabia, Mary Lattimore & Matt McCaughan, FACS, Alex Rex, Garcia Peoples and Edwyn Collins.

Last releases of March tomorrow. Albums from Ben Platt, Beth Gibbons & the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra,Billie Ellish, C Duncan, Devin Townsend, Fennesz, Gang of Four, George Strait, Good Cop Bad Cop (Matt Helders and a bloke from Milburn), I Prevail. LA Guns, Lion Babe, Marvin Gaye (a lost album), Mekons, Rita Wilson, Show Me The Body, Son Volt, Steve Earle & the Dukes, Ty Segall (live album),UNKLE, White Denim, Whitechapel, Marry Waterson & Emily Barker, Mdou Moctar, Lawrence Arabia, Mary Lattimore & Matt McCaughan, FACS, Alex Rex, Garcia Peoples and Edwyn Collins.
Quite a lot this week, and that’s even with Laura Stevenson being missing from your list (probably because she only announced it this week).

LS, Son Volt, LA Guns, Steve Earle, and Ty Segal (if I have time) for me this week

Back