New Music Releases Thread

A couple of comeback albums to look forward to in the next few weeks. Edwyn Collins and Richard Hawley, their new singles are both cracking imo
havent heard collins single, but i caught the new hawley track on 6music and was much encouraged. loved truelove's gutter in 2009 but was disappointed with the 2015 album standing at sky's edge - the new album isnt out till june though.

Seems to be a good week for new releases. There are albums from American Football, Andrew Bird, Apparat, Avey Tare, Ex Hex, Lbibio Sound Machine, Jenny Lewis, La Dispute. Lambchop, Lucy Rose, Marble Arch, Motley Crue, Nilfuer Yanya, Sleeper, Spiral Stairs, Strand of Oaks, Tamaryn, These New Puritans, Wallows and Bill MacKay.

American Football are my absolute favs so I’ll listen to them and Lambchop, Lucy Rose and La Dispute.

Album is out next week, I think. Both singles from it have been quality (Feet is a work of genius).

Middle of April, I believe.

Been a fan of them since their first album -and given the smack addictions, dirty protests, Fall-Esque revolving door of members etc - probably the most unlikeliest of candidates to have ended up so bloody brilliant 5 years later!

The Moonlandingz, Insecure Men, Warmduscher stuff they’ve been involved with has all been decent aswell.

Middle of April, I believe.

Been a fan of them since their first album -and given the smack addictions, dirty protests, Fall-Esque revolving door of members etc - probably the most unlikeliest of candidates to have ended up so bloody brilliant 5 years later!

The Moonlandingz, Insecure Men, Warmduscher stuff they’ve been involved with has all been decent aswell.

Loved The Moonlandingz album, the new fat white family stuff seems to have a lot more of a groove to it than previous.

going to see Sharon Van Etten tomorrow night, not really a massive fan, like some of her stuff but its saturday and theres a good few mates going so....

How is she live? Hoping she's one of those that doesnt really do it for me on record but is great live.

going to see Sharon Van Etten tomorrow night, not really a massive fan, like some of her stuff but its saturday and theres a good few mates going so....

How is she live? Hoping she's one of those that doesnt really do it for me on record but is great live.

I saw her in sage 2 couple of years back and I thought she was great, I’m a big fan of hers though. She was a lot more upbeat and chatty than I thought she would have been. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it mate.

I saw her in sage 2 couple of years back and I thought she was great, I’m a big fan of hers though. She was a lot more upbeat and chatty than I thought she would have been. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it mate.
cheers, I'll go to anything on a friday or saturday night tbh, its the sunday gigs that I need real motivation for!

cheers, I'll go to anything on a friday or saturday night tbh, its the sunday gigs that I need real motivation for!

I see it’s Manchester tonight, I’ve never been but the Albert Hall looks a great venue. She’s playing Newcastle again in August but it’s the first day of my hols so have to miss.

New singles from Idlewild and Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters guitarist’s Alt-Country/Americana/Southern Rock solo stuff) drop today.

Enjoyed both, now on to the Jenny Lewis record.

Last edited:

Back