New Music Releases Thread

So, beyond the stuff I mentioned earlier...

Teeth of the Sea - very nice indeed! Primarily instrumental post-rock with more trumpet than expected.
The Claypool Lennon Delirium - bloody weirdos! @Mickdundee's description above is pretty accurate but I think this is quite commercially viable.
James Yorkston - probably his least folk album yet. Some lovely ballads, some spoken word over interesting tunes type stuff.
3x4 - 80s LA slightly psychedelic rock bands covering other 80s LA slightly psychedelic rock bands. Has its ups and downs. The Bangles are the best known band on there, Dream Syndicate probably the best.
Julia Jacklin - enjoyable! More laidback than her debut was or, indeed, the Phantastic Ferniture album was.
du Blonde - better than I expected based on the reviews. Essentially grungey pop with psychedelic and folk influences.
Martin Frawley - Former singer of Aussie band Twerps. This is an excellent example of the Antipodean indie album. Reminds me a lot of The Chills and, to a degree, The Go Betweens.
Sleaford Mods - decent enough. Sounds like nobody much else. Not sure they're evolving massively.
Murray A Lightburn - literate indie rock. A bit less guitarish than his work with The Dears. A solid 7.5/10 type album.
Our Native Daughters - folk/Americana, quite marvellous! As I mentioned, a bit of an all female banjo supergroup. Songs are blooming excellent as are the voices, harmonies etc.
Think I picked the wrong Teeth Of The Sea recording to start on (Master). Wraith not as good imo. Our Native Daughters are excellent. Quite liking the Julia Jacklin one. Haven't heard the rest but am loving Khruangbin (just discovered them) and impressed with Le Trio Joubran.

This week's releases are high on numbers but low on interest (to me anyway). There are albums from: 2 Chainz, CFCF, Crystal Fighters, Delicate Steve, Demon Hunter (2 albums), Hawksley Workman, Hozier, In Flames, Little Simz, Mark Morton, Pond, Queensryche, Rees Wynans, Royal Trux, Self Esteem (Rebecca from Slow Club solo), TEEN, The Japanese House, Weezer, Yves Jarvis, Sigrid and Whoa Melodic.

This week's releases are high on numbers but low on interest (to me anyway). There are albums from: 2 Chainz, CFCF, Crystal Fighters, Delicate Steve, Demon Hunter (2 albums), Hawksley Workman, Hozier, In Flames, Little Simz, Mark Morton, Pond, Queensryche, Rees Wynans, Royal Trux, Self Esteem (Rebecca from Slow Club solo), TEEN, The Japanese House, Weezer, Yves Jarvis, Sigrid and Whoa Melodic.
Pond I guess

Weekly album release from Weezer!

This week's releases are high on numbers but low on interest (to me anyway).
i was convinced the cinematic orchestra had a new album on friday, but having googled it the release is still two weeks away... :cry:

btw - you missed off a new bryan adams release - i'd presume the regulars of this thread would be big fans of double denim....

Self Esteem, maybe Little Simz and Pond there I reckon

Maximo Park - As Long As We Keep Moving (fillum and lp of reworks of old stuff)

Yeah, maybe Royal Trux and Self Esteem as well. Haven't listened to Hawksley Worksman in a while...
Self Esteem for me. I like what I've heard from the upcoming album so far.

Will have to look up Royal Trux, never heard of them, actually.

I missed albums by Robert Forster, Hand Habits, Snapped Ankles, Sebastian Plano, Mammoth Weed Wizard Bastard, The Cactus Blossoms and Durand Jones & the Indications.

That's before the Rough Trade mail...

Back