New Music Releases Thread

Thanks for the heads up. The missus said they'd posted something on Instagram this morning but she couldn't figure out what (just a snippet of video and the date) - I guess it was this. Going to be weird seeing them on this tour without Gerry...
Not sure I could go see them without Gerry tbh, too many of my favourite songs they won’t be able to play. Would be very weird!

Thanks to a social media post from Social Distortion’s Mike Ness, I’ve just found out about an artist called Jade Jackson (his son has just joined her backing band). Really enjoying what I’m hearing so far. Kind of like a cross between Sarah Shook and Amanda Shires (sounds of a bit of both, more mainstream than the former and edgier than the latter).

Thanks to a social media post from Social Distortion’s Mike Ness, I’ve just found out about an artist called Jade Jackson (his son has just joined her backing band). Really enjoying what I’m hearing so far. Kind of like a cross between Sarah Shook and Amanda Shires (sounds of a bit of both, more mainstream than the former and edgier than the latter).
Will have to look into this... thanks for the info

Not sure I could go see them without Gerry tbh, too many of my favourite songs they won’t be able to play. Would be very weird!
Agreed - never too fond of McGinley's songs too much, on the whole (one or two here and there), and I generally preferred Love's stuff of the three. Have you heard if they're just not playing any and splitting between Norman and Ray songs or is Norman going to try his hand at a couple (with Gerry's permission)? Had my tickets so long I can't recall if they were bought before or after the news came out.

Agreed - never too fond of McGinley's songs too much, on the whole (one or two here and there), and I generally preferred Love's stuff of the three. Have you heard if they're just not playing any and splitting between Norman and Ray songs or is Norman going to try his hand at a couple (with Gerry's permission)? Had my tickets so long I can't recall if they were bought before or after the news came out.
Had a look at the setlist of a few of the gigs they’ve done since and there’s just none of Gerry’s songs there. Can’t see them doing it tbh, Norman singing star sign or don’t look back would just be wrong.

Had a look at the setlist of a few of the gigs they’ve done since and there’s just none of Gerry’s songs there. Can’t see them doing it tbh, Norman singing star sign or don’t look back would just be wrong.
And Sparky :cry: and Ain't that Enough :cry: and Discolite :cry: and I Need Direction :cry: and Take the Long Way...Speed of Light...December - Big F'ing Hole to Fill

And Sparky :cry: and Ain't that Enough :cry: and Discolite :cry: and I Need Direction :cry: and Take the Long Way...Speed of Light...December - Big F'ing Hole to Fill
Yup. Would love to know what actually happened. They were very quiet about the whole thing.
Prob the band I’ve seen live most times I would say.

Yup. Would love to know what actually happened. They were very quiet about the whole thing.
Prob the band I’ve seen live most times I would say.
Don't know if accurate but one of my mates back home said he thought it was because he didn't want to tour outside the UK anymore. If Norman still lives in Canada, I'd imagine that would make it a bit cumbersome

Hadn't realised until I read it today that Euros Childs (from Gorky's) has joined Teenage Fanclub.
Aldous Harding is previewing a song from her new album (out 26/4). She has been described as wearing a hat shaped like a giant condom in the video. If you can get past that idea the song is very good. Cannot wait to see her at the cluny in May.

Bodega live for the second time. They’ve definitely filled out the set which is both good and bad. At times absolutely hypnotic, at times it dragged

Gong Gong Gong were good. 45 mins was definitely too long tho

Back