New Music Releases Thread

I’ve heard the single from it and it’s great. Sounds like something from a Tarantino score. Are you going to see her at Cobalt ?

didn't realise she was on. idea of the date? thanks for the heads up.

had the album on constantly when it came in on Tuesday and more of the same Wednesday. reordered copies as I think / hope it'll sell well. it deserves to.

didn't realise she was on. idea of the date? thanks for the heads up.

had the album on constantly when it came in on Tuesday and more of the same Wednesday. reordered copies as I think / hope it'll sell well. it deserves to.

Sunday 3rd March. I’ve still not been in Cobalt so may head over.

Quite a few releases this week but possibly not that many posters on this thread are into. New albums from: Avantasia, Avril Lavigne, Betty Who, Chaka Khan, Czarface & Ghostface Killah, Florida Georgia Line, Hayes Carll, Jon Fratelli, Ladytron, Methyl Ethel, Millencolin, Piroshka, Ryan Bingham, SWMRS, Tedeschi Trucks Band, The Long Ryders, Tourist, Woman's Hour, YannTiersen, Ben Shemie, William the Conqueror,

Extra stuff - Piroshka are Miki from Lush and KJ from Moose and BenShemie is the singer from Suuns.

Quite a few releases this week but possibly not that many posters on this thread are into. New albums from: Avantasia, Avril Lavigne, Betty Who, Chaka Khan, Czarface & Ghostface Killah, Florida Georgia Line, Hayes Carll, Jon Fratelli, Ladytron, Methyl Ethel, Millencolin, Piroshka, Ryan Bingham, SWMRS, Tedeschi Trucks Band, The Long Ryders, Tourist, Woman's Hour, YannTiersen, Ben Shemie, William the Conqueror,

Extra stuff - Piroshka are Miki from Lush and KJ from Moose and BenShemie is the singer from Suuns.

Thats a bit grim for me.

Saying that, I saw William the Concqueror play the outdoor sage at last years Americana Festival and really enjoyed them.

Rubbish. Methyl Ethel I guess

Looks ok for me - Operatic power metal from Avantasia, Scandinavian skate Punk from Millencolin and (unusualfor me) some electronic stuff forum Ladytron.

Had nowt but Beirut on for a fortnight now, getting familiar with their back catalogue. Riptide still my favourite, though every album contains standout tracks...Booked for the Albert hall Manchester, looking forward to that.

Was anyone from here at the Wylam on Monday for the lemonheads?
There was a canny bit of switching between band/acoustic, not sure if they were rehearsed enough to play the whole set as a band. I thought the acoustic stuff sounded much better. Not many tracks from the new album were played.
A strange gig, albeit still enjoyable. 7/10.

Last edited:
Really liking new album from American duo Boy Harsher. It’s synth, goth, nu wave, pop. ( I’m terrible at describing bands )
Fans of Coldcave, Numan, joy Division might like.
Quite liking this, too. Vaguely reminds me a bit of Factory Floor in places (at least I think it does - I'm terrible at it as well :lol:)

Unsurprisingly will give Piroshka a go - listened to a couple of the advance tracks they posted a few weeks back. After that...does the Long Ryders have Lewis and Clark on it? I'm struggling.

Peter Murphy and David J tonight for a Bauhaus show - if PM hasn't been locked up for losing his shit again

Last edited:
Quite liking this, too. Vaguely reminds me a bit of Factory Floor in places (at least I think it does - I'm terrible at it as well :lol:)

I hate describing bands as well. I tend, like most people, to go to reference points but get met by blank looks when I say "Well, they're like a cross between The Beatles, Twisted Sister, The Family Cat and LCD Soundsystem" when I try to describe the entirely fictional Bloated Armpig.

Unsurprisingly will give Piroshka a go - listened to a couple of the advance tracks they posted a few weeks back. After that...does the Long Ryders have Lewis and Clark on it? I'm struggling.

Peter Murphy and David J tonight for a Bauhaus show - if PM hasn't been locked up for losing his shit again

I think you need to go back a bit for Lewis and Clark. This is new material (first in 30+ years). The title track, "Psychedelic Country Soul", is pretty good but not life changing.

Thought they lost their way a bit when they went all krautrock/folktronica on that 3rd album

I was thinking it actually sounds right up my street until I sussed on :oops::oops:

As it turns out, there’s a number of new releases today that I’m looking forward to ( non electronica fans look away now )these being Efdemen, Tycho, Pye Corner audio and STATS.
The @td586 recommendation Gemma Ray also sounds good based on hearing the single from it.

Last edited:

Back