New Music Releases Thread

As it turns out, there’s a number of new releases today that I’m looking forward to ( non electronica fans look away now )these being Efdemen, Tycho, Pye Corner audio and STATS.
The @td586 recommendation Gemma Ray also sounds good based on hearing the single from it.

As well as the above, I missed albums by Bis, Homeshake, Barbara Howard, Theon Cross (tuba bloke from Sons of Kemet), a Japanese ambinent music of the 80s and 90s compilation (Kankyo Ongaku), Six By Seven, Motorpsycho, Ry X and Robert Ellis (looks like that came out yesterday to confuse things). Also, The Hold Steady's deluxe 10th anniversary version of "Stay Positive".

All of that lot from the Rough Trade new releases mail, which only arrives on a Friday.

As well as the above, I missed albums by Bis, Homeshake, Barbara Howard, Theon Cross (tuba bloke from Sons of Kemet), a Japanese ambinent music of the 80s and 90s compilation (Kankyo Ongaku), Six By Seven, Motorpsycho, Ry X and Robert Ellis (looks like that came out yesterday to confuse things). Also, The Hold Steady's deluxe 10th anniversary version of "Stay Positive".

All of that lot from the Rough Trade new releases mail, which only arrives on a Friday.
new broken social scene EP just popped up in Spotify too

Finally got around to listening to the new Tory y Moi album and I think it's his best to date.

I have to admit that I have become less of a music snob in my old age, so I'm not surprised that I really, really like Billie Eilish new song, "Bury a Friend" and that I'm actually looking forward to her album next month. I like her style. It's dark pop.

Went to two gigs in the week. Saw Avi Buffalo on Wednesday who was excellent and as eccentric as ever. Bill Ryder-Jones on Friday was just astonishing and will probably go down as one of my gigs of the year already.

Was wanting to go see Bodega on Thursday too but might have been pushing my luck tbh...

Went to two gigs in the week. Saw Avi Buffalo on Wednesday who was excellent and as eccentric as ever. Bill Ryder-Jones on Friday was just astonishing and will probably go down as one of my gigs of the year already.

Was wanting to go see Bodega on Thursday too but might have been pushing my luck tbh...

Was BRJ at the sage 2 ? I saw him support Steve Mason couple of years back and really enjoyed him.

Went to see Neneh Cherry on Saturday night, she was class, really like the stuff she's done with fourtet. Can't beat a bit of buffalo stance either!

Finally got around to listening to the new Tory y Moi album and I think it's his best to date.

I have to admit that I have become less of a music snob in my old age, so I'm not surprised that I really, really like Billie Eilish new song, "Bury a Friend" and that I'm actually looking forward to her album next month. I like her style. It's dark pop.
Very well produced song. The cynic in me can’t get away with her though, something very manufactured about her mixed with portraying mental illness as being some cool accessory just doesn’t sit right.

Very well produced song. The cynic in me can’t get away with her though, something very manufactured about her mixed with portraying mental illness as being some cool accessory just doesn’t sit right.
It's a marketing ploy that's been used by musicians for generations now, but I agree with the comment completely.

The album is written by her and her brother, Finneas, although I'm not really a fan of his music, so I'm not sure how much influence he has on the whole "vibe" of the album. She's also only 17 so maturity is lacking on the album as well.

I still enjoy the music, though, which is surprising to me because a few years back I would never give this type of music a listen. Old age has changed that. Good or bad depends on your point of view, I guess.

Back