New Music Releases Thread

I think he just has a "Bob Mould Song Generator" machine where he sticks in a few lyrics and out pops a song :lol:

It's still good but I'd prob go back and listen to copper blue or zen arcade before going back to this
I definitely prefer angry, depressed, self loathing bob over happy bob like

This Lemonheads cover album has persuaded me to check out The Bevis Frond. Can anyone fill me in on them?
The Bevis Frond is the main vehicle for Nick Salomon, he’s a superb guitarist but also a great fan/purveyor of the more esoteric side of music. He is behind a few different record labels which are mainly for 60’s psych/mod fans.
It’s hard to know where to start with him as it’s all good.

International teachers of Pop album has grown on me since coming out on Friday.
My first thought was that it’s a bit too poppy for my liking but I’m coming round to it.
For those who don’t know / care, it’s the people behind Moonlandingz but in a more synth / pop way.
Fans of later stuff Saint Etienne May enjoy.

International teachers of Pop album has grown on me since coming out on Friday.
My first thought was that it’s a bit too poppy for my liking but I’m coming round to it.
For those who don’t know / care, it’s the people behind Moonlandingz but in a more synth / pop way.
Fans of later stuff Saint Etienne May enjoy.

Gave it a listen this morning en route to work. It's pretty good! Agreed about the St Etienne comment.

Really liking new album from American duo Boy Harsher. It’s synth, goth, nu wave, pop. ( I’m terrible at describing bands )
Fans of Coldcave, Numan, joy Division might like.

Really liking new album from American duo Boy Harsher. It’s synth, goth, nu wave, pop. ( I’m terrible at describing bands )
Fans of Coldcave, Numan, joy Division might like.

Have been meaning to listen to them but currently working through a proper backlogue from the last 3 weeks. (added to which, I ordered the C86, C87, C88 and C89 box sets, which are slowly arriving so I'm going through retro late 80s indie pop reminiscences).

On a different tack, Cambridge Folk Festival have announced Gruff Rhys, Calexico and Iron & Wine. The Unthanks and Amadou & Mariam amongst their latest batch of bands, making it pretty likely that I'll go.

Matt Maltese - Bad Contestant

I like it.

Funny that, just went to post on here that I've been listening to his debut this week after seeing him play on Saturday night. Very good, would recommend. Witty lyrics, a few great hooks and really lovely voice. Like a Fish is the highlight.

@chunkylover53 I will take that ticket if it ends up spare. If not, no worries and cheers for the offer anyway!

Have been meaning to listen to them but currently working through a proper backlogue from the last 3 weeks. (added to which, I ordered the C86, C87, C88 and C89 box sets, which are slowly arriving so I'm going through retro late 80s indie pop reminiscences).
I have 86-88 but not 89. Compilations from that era are all fairly interchangeable, like Scared to Get Happy, Pillows and Prayers, Revolutionary Spirit, Palatine/Communications, and several magazine compilations, but they're all good :D Be curious to hear how 89 is

Playing Cluny on Monday night also mate.
Sadly, a long way from NJ!

Will keep an eye out for them over here though - I'm usually more alt/indie than that, but I have most of St Etienne's stuff and a gig mate is a big synthpop head so I've tipped him off to it - I'd go see them

Last edited:
Sadly, a long way from NJ!

Will keep an eye out for them over here though - I'm usually more alt/indie than that, but I have most of St Etienne's stuff and a gig mate is a big synthpop head so I've tipped him off to it - I'd go see them

Forgot you’re in the states !!

Back