New Music Releases Thread

The Twilight Sad album is brilliant. Love that band, hadn't heard of them before the split festival a few years back.

James Blake has a bit more of a mainstream sound on this album but still enjoyed it and Steve Mason pretty good too, its been a good day.

We get properly into new release territory this week with albums from Aesop Rock & Tobacco, Alice Merton, Cody Johnson, Deerhunter. Future, Guster, James Blake, Joe Jackson, Juliana Hatfield, Lost Under Heaven (AKA LUH, Ellery Roberts fro Wu Lyf's new thing), Maggie Rogers, Mike Posner, Papa Roach, Pedro the Lion, Sharon van Etten, Steve Gunn, Steve Mason, Switchfoot, The Twilight Sad, Toro y Moi, Whitehorse, Raoul Vignal, The Steel Woods, Night Beats, Julian Lynch, Angelo de Augustine, Buke & Gaze, Liz Brasher and the mighty Trollfest.

Quite a lot there for me!
Busy week - got the Juliana Hatfield and Twilight Sad on preorder but I’m stuffed on both as JH is held up from preordering with Blake Babies reissue and I think the TS has to come from the UK (although it shipped a few days ago).

Must say that none of the new music this week has blown me away yet. It’s all fine, but nothing more than 7/10

Only listened to The Twilight Sad and Julian Lynch so far. Twilight Sad is good but it's not Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters, which is the thingy they've thingied to thing themselves. The Julian Lynch album is very good, an 8/10.

Twilight Sad is good but it's not Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters, which is the thingy they've thingied to thing themselves.
I hadn’t heard of them till this week, so have had the new one on and thought it was Interpol meets Biffy, which isn’t the worst thing I’ve heard... But then, I stuck their previous album on which is I guess the 14/15 one you’re referring to and really enjoyed it more, kinda Mogwai with vocals... much preferred it to the new one...

I hadn’t heard of them till this week, so have had the new one on and thought it was Interpol meets Biffy, which isn’t the worst thing I’ve heard... But then, I stuck their previous album on which is I guess the 14/15 one you’re referring to and really enjoyed it more, kinda Mogwai with vocals... much preferred it to the new one...

14 Autumns was back in 2007. Their debut. It's a cracking album! Not sure how I'd describe it but neither Interpol nor Biffy would be involved...

Yup, end of the month :cool:

Aye, just been announced he’s supported by Edgar Jones, ex member of the Stairs. Anybody who remembers the Stairs I’m sure will agree they were great. Coincidentally, they were also the first band I ever saw live on a stage when they played first on a bill alongside the Milltown Brothers and the Charlatans !!

14 Autumns was back in 2007. Their debut. It's a cracking album! Not sure how I'd describe it but neither Interpol nor Biffy would be involved...
Just checked & the album I had on yesterday (& enjoyed mogwai style) was ‘nobody wants to be here and nobody wants to leave’, quite a snappy lp title...

Will seak out the debut effort anarl...

Back