New Music Releases Thread

Had a couple of listens to the SVE album. It's okay but not blowing me away.

That shouty bit in 17 is so bad. She doesn't need to try so hard to make things sound epic, it just comes across as forced.

Had a couple of listens to the SVE album. It's okay but not blowing me away.

That shouty bit in 17 is so bad. She doesn't need to try so hard to make things sound epic, it just comes across as forced.
Genuinely don’t get the hype for it. And I really liked her earlier stuff

LUH is good in places, but a bit plodding elsewhere. Which is a disappointment

UNKLE announce follow up album to 2017s The Road part 1. The new release will naturally be titled the Road part 2.

Lead single just been released and it’s featuring Ton Smith from Editors and one of the composers from Royal Synphobia who’s also done loads of film scores. It’s very good.

Working slowly through things... busy day at work. TrollFest are very much. SO far...

Angelo de Augustine - thoroughly reccomended for fans of Sufjan.
TrollFest - Norwegian folk metal at its finest. Highly entertaining but probably not in line with this thread!
Buke and Gaze - I'd not heard of this lot before Uncut gave this album a cracking review. Apparently, this is more electronic than their previous material. I've filed it under wonderfully, weird pop.

Working slowly through things... busy day at work. TrollFest are very much. SO far...

TrollFest - Norwegian folk metal at its finest. Highly entertaining but probably not in line with this thread!
Buke and Gaze - I'd not heard of this lot before Uncut gave this album a cracking review. Apparently, this is more electronic than their previous material. I've filed it under wonderfully, weird pop.
I might give Trollfest a go. I loved Korpiklaani back in the early/mid 00s.

That Angelo de Augustine album is magic

Deerhunter.

Really enjoying their new album and yet somehow their whole back catalogue has passed me by.
Is this new one similar to their other stuff and do they have a classic ?? Fancy delving into older stuff so advice needed. Cheers.

Deerhunter.

Really enjoying their new album and yet somehow their whole back catalogue has passed me by.
Is this new one similar to their other stuff and do they have a classic ?? Fancy delving into older stuff so advice needed. Cheers.

Having now listened to it, new is a lot more, er, songy, if that makes sense... back catalogue is great but less obviously sellable. Angular, artsy, ambient are all words beginning with A that are sometimes used to describe them. Very good live!

Having now listened to it, new is a lot more, er, songy, if that makes sense... back catalogue is great but less obviously sellable. Angular, artsy, ambient are all words beginning with A that are sometimes used to describe them. Very good live!

Fading Frontier (the previous album) was a lot more commercial too.

Really enjoying the new one. To be honest the only album I’m not that keen on is Monomania.

Deerhunter.

Forgot to say that Halcyon Digest is their most critically acclaimed album for sure, it certainly got them the attention they deserved.

Last edited:
Fading Frontier (the previous album) was a lot more commercial too.

Really enjoying the new one. To be honest the only album I’m not that keen on is Monomania.

Forgot to say that Halcyon Digest is their most critically acclaimed album for sure, it certainly got them the attention they deserved.

Cheers will give that a go tomorrow.

Back