New Music Releases Thread

New albums this week are a mixed bag. They come from Backstreet Boys, Blood Red Shoes, Bring Me The Horizon, DAWN, FIDLAR, Keuning (solo album from The Killers' guitarist), Meghan Trainor, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Mike Krol, Mono, Rat Boy, Rival Sons, Say Anything, Sneaks, Steve Hackett, Swervedriver, The Dandy Warhols, Toy, Kid Koala, Sarah Louise, Tim Presley's White Fence, Pavo Pavo and Julia Kent.

New albums this week are a mixed bag. They come from Backstreet Boys, Blood Red Shoes, Bring Me The Horizon, DAWN, FIDLAR, Keuning (solo album from The Killers' guitarist), Meghan Trainor, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Mike Krol, Mono, Rat Boy, Rival Sons, Say Anything, Sneaks, Steve Hackett, Swervedriver, The Dandy Warhols, Toy, Kid Koala, Sarah Louise, Tim Presley's White Fence, Pavo Pavo and Julia Kent.
Blood Red Shoes, Mike Krol, Rat Boy, Rival Sons, Sneaks, Toy and White Fence for me

As I said last week, Franti and Warhols for me this week mainly. I thought the new Lemonheads covers album was out this week but it isn’t until 8 February.

I don’t think I’m a massive fan of the new Ryan Adams track. I like the way his music has evolved over the last few years (I probably listen to his 2014 S/T more than any of his others these days) and the track just feels like he’s taken a step back 10 years IMO.

There's also a new Nils Frahm EP out tomorrow too...

I’ve had a quick skim through Steve Mason and it doesn’t grab me as much as his last. Too early to say though.
i've now had a few listens and think its better than his last album, for me its probably the closest solo album to an actual 'back in they day' beta band lp from the listens i've now had.

New Covers album from Weezer up on Spotify, some interesting choices on there!

They just cant seem to stop releasing music, their "black" album is out in a few weeks too.

That better oblivion community centre album is a Topper, love it. Just off to listen to Phoebe bridgers solo album on the strength of that.
Yeah it’s great, if it wasn’t for Franti and Warhols coming out today I’d be doing the same. I’ll give PB a spin during the week.

Michael Franti is a return to form. I’m not sure if it was the production or the actual basslines but I found the last 2 virtually unlistenable. He’ll never release another Hipocrasy..., Home, Stay Human or Everyone Deserves Music, but this is a very accessible collection of political pop. I found myself singing along on the first listen on some of the tracks.

Last edited:
New Dandy Warhols is more arty and less shoe-gazey than the last one, with a couple of poppy numbers thrown in for good measure. It’s ok on first listen though, probably a grower.

Better Oblivion Community Center has been the pleasant surprise of the week though!

Back