New Music Releases Thread

A bit slow listening to new stuff this week. Tweedy is ace as expected, Sunshine Frisbee Laserbeam are fun but mebbes a bit one dimensional if you listen to three albums (new one's the best of them), I missed a Liminanas rarities comp from my list. It's good.

Best thing I've listened to for the first time is the Audiobooks album which came out a few weeks back. Slightly mental synth stuff. Basically, a posh lass talk-singing over synths and occasional doomy guitars, with a middle aged man joining in now and again (he does the synths, guitars etc.). It ranges from joyous synthy pop to disturbing to utterly mad. Signed to Heavenly Records, it would seem. A single from the album...

A bit slow listening to new stuff this week. Tweedy is ace as expected, Sunshine Frisbee Laserbeam are fun but mebbes a bit one dimensional if you listen to three albums (new one's the best of them), I missed a Liminanas rarities comp from my list. It's good.

Best thing I've listened to for the first time is the Audiobooks album which came out a few weeks back. Slightly mental synth stuff. Basically, a posh lass talk-singing over synths and occasional doomy guitars, with a middle aged man joining in now and again (he does the synths, guitars etc.). It ranges from joyous synthy pop to disturbing to utterly mad. Signed to Heavenly Records, it would seem. A single from the album...

I had a skim through audiobooks when it come out but forgot to give it a full proper listen. I’ll give it full go tomorrow.
I really like a lot of the stuff Heavenly are putting out at the moment.

I had a skim through audiobooks when it come out but forgot to give it a full proper listen. I’ll give it full go tomorrow.
I really like a lot of the stuff Heavenly are putting out at the moment.

It gets a bit dark at times. I prefer the poppier stuff TBH.

Heavenly's always been a good label but currently they're on the money. List of their artists:

http://heavenlyrecordings.com/artists/

I much prefer cluny2 as you get a much better view than Cluny 1.
Saw the Liminanas in there recently and it was great.
I did too, they were exceptionally good, far better than their studio stuff. Asteroid #4 were another band that played there recently, the sound was unreal, if you love a 60’s Byrds, Vox guitar vibe

Don’t get me wrong their studio recorded stuff is good but live they’re a completely different bag, the sound is much fuller, at one point they had 5 guitarists creating one hell of a racket

Not many new releases this week. Albums from 7horse, Brett Young, Gucci Mane, Ice Cube, Van Morrison, XXL, XXXTentacion (a posthumous release), Willard Grant Conspiracy, Daniel Knox, Amor, Rosali, Anderson.Paak (if Amazon are right) and Richard Swift (also posthumous).

Back