New Music Releases Thread

So, Album of the year time. Piccadilly, Drowned in Sound etc have released theirs so here goes....

Hookworms - Microshift
Parquet Courts - Wide awake
Still Corners - Slow Air
Father John Misty - Gods favourite customer
Arctic Monkeys - Tranquility Base Hotel
TVAM - Pychic Data
The KVB - Only now forever
Shame - Songs of praise
The Liminanas - Shadow People
Kurt Vile - Bottle it in

Last edited:
The songs on Spotify sound great but live it blew me away. The frontman in particular was great.

Will keep an eye out for a chance to see them.

Did you go to The KVB gig? Surprised how low the numbers were. Much more at Soup Kitchen gig. New songs sound great live.

Still Corners and TVAM gigs coming up. Especially looking forward to the latter.

Will keep an eye out for a chance to see them.

Did you go to The KVB gig? Surprised how low the numbers were. Much more at Soup Kitchen gig. New songs sound great live.

Still Corners and TVAM gigs coming up. Especially looking forward to the latter.

No mate, gutted but was in London. Sad to hear low turnout as just lessens chances of them coming back. The upside though was that I saw TVAM in London who was great. One man and a tele but what an album ! Saw him at Rough trade where you got the album / gig / signing session for a tenner.
Still Corners this week at star and shadow should be great. Albums great and I’ve not been in the new venue.

No mate, gutted but was in London. Sad to hear low turnout as just lessens chances of them coming back. The upside though was that I saw TVAM in London who was great. One man and a tele but what an album ! Saw him at Rough trade where you got the album / gig / signing session for a tenner.
Still Corners this week at star and shadow should be great. Albums great and I’ve not been in the new venue.

Exactly what the missus said about not returning to the NE. Don't understand how they're not bigger, they have tremendous songs and are class live.

Yep. And it looks like a TV they used to roll out at primary school :cool:

Still Corners previous album is one of my most played. New one is good too so should be topper.

Last day of November tomorrow and the new stuff keeps slowing down. We have albums from: Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso UFO, Bryan Ferry, Daniel Romano, Earl Sweatshirt, Foxwarren, Jeff Tweedy, Meek Mill, The 1975, Alessia Cara and Sunshine Frisbee Laserbeam,

Last day of November tomorrow and the new stuff keeps slowing down. We have albums from: Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso UFO, Bryan Ferry, Daniel Romano, Earl Sweatshirt, Foxwarren, Jeff Tweedy, Meek Mill, The 1975, Alessia Cara and Sunshine Frisbee Laserbeam,
Tweedy obviously

The 1975 seems to have got good reviews mind

Back