New Music Releases Thread

D-3
Twas tremendous. Had a bit crack with him before as well. White Flowers, who supported were good as well, if you like dream pop style music.

Glad you enjoyed it. It works really well live despite just being a one man band.
I had a bit patter also when saw him at rough trade. Said he hopes to tour properly next year and introduce band members, he’s on a very tight budget though so looking for investment from a label, sure he put that album out himself.

D-3

Glad you enjoyed it. It works really well live despite just being a one man band.
I had a bit patter also when saw him at rough trade. Said he hopes to tour properly next year and introduce band members, he’s on a very tight budget though so looking for investment from a label, sure he put that album out himself.

Had a keyboardist on stage with him and his TV. Loved the venue, not too dissimilar to Soup Kitchen.

Enjoying new album from Swedish Electronic artist, Be Svendsen.
Melodic, synth, whirling guitar, some vocals.
Downbeat in some parts, more uplifting in others.

Tess Parks was excellent on Monday night at the Cluny 2. Her voice, which I guess is what she’s all about was as druggy as expected. Her band had a sludgy sound which again didn’t disappoint however I felt was a little muddy at times, perhaps the sound man rather than the band themselves. Overall I really enjoyed the gig, a Vox 12 string probably wouldn’t have gone amiss to cut through the fug but that’s just me.
Canny lass anarl with a bit crack on afterwards and a signed poster too.

I finally settled on a best of the year 2018...

1. Parquet Courts - Wide Awake
2. Jon Hopkins - Singularity
3. Craig Armstrong - Sun On You
4. Olafur Arnalds - Re:member
5. Haiku Salut - There is No Elsewhere

Hookworms, Ezra Furman & Ryley Walker hung around a bit on my playlists longer than others - i really liked Egypt Station from Macca but this thread is far too cool for school to allow that... Based on other peoples posts i'm cramming on Spiritualized at the minute (too late in the day for my top 5).

Back