New Music Releases Thread

Fgjik

So, Album of the year time. Piccadilly, Drowned in Sound etc have released theirs so here goes.

Hookworms - Microshift.
Spiritualized - And Nothing Hurt.
Amen Dunes - Freedom.
Jon Hopkins - Singularity.
Father John Misty - gods favourite customer
Arctic Monkeys - Tranquility Base Hotel
TVAM - Pychic Data.
Confidence Man - Confident music...
The KVB - Only now forever
The Liminanas - Shadow People.

Hats off also to Lucid Dream, Sink ya Teeth, Frost, immersions, C.A.R, George Fitzgerald, Moby.

A very good year.

I need to think about this. Spiritualized's And Nothing Hurt is my album of the year but after that I could list a fair few....

Albums of the year for me

Hookworms (gutted I won't get to see them live)
Young Fathers
Soccer Mommy
Nakhane
Spiritualized
Tune-Yards

gig of the year theres no competition, David Byrne, he was outstanding. Would love to see the show again.

Fgjik

So, Album of the year time. Piccadilly, Drowned in Sound etc have released theirs so here goes.

Hookworms - Microshift.
Spiritualized - And Nothing Hurt.
Amen Dunes - Freedom.
Jon Hopkins - Singularity.
Father John Misty - gods favourite customer
Arctic Monkeys - Tranquility Base Hotel
TVAM - Pychic Data.
Confidence Man - Confident music...
The KVB - Only now forever
The Liminanas - Shadow People.

Hats off also to Lucid Dream, Sink ya Teeth, Frost, immersions, C.A.R, George Fitzgerald, Moby.

A very good year.

Really liked the album then saw them live at a festival and they were awful, like watching 2 unlimited of something!

Really liked the album then saw them live at a festival and they were awful, like watching 2 unlimited of something!

Really ? I saw Confidence Man at all points east fest in London last year and thought they were brilliant. Excellent band, great frontman / woman, exciting, fun, sexy and just really really fun. They were in a tent so it worked a lot better than say on an outdoor stage perhaps.

Really ? I saw Confidence Man at all points east fest in London last year and thought they were brilliant. Excellent band, great frontman / woman, exciting, fun, sexy and just really really fun. They were in a tent so it worked a lot better than say on an outdoor stage perhaps.
this was an outdoor festival and they actually played twice, once early in the day and then again because St Germain pulled out. They were on directly before Orbital and it just felt really cringey, guess the crowd didnt really get into them either as they were a bit pissed off with St Germain no show

Anyone see Courtney Barnett tonight? Though she was excellent, but I'm not fussed on the Northumbria Institute.
Aye,bit 50/50 for me .Found her few months back but heard more kurt vile collab stuff and mellow stuff and a bit of what must be her main sound so found the set a bit samey .Great band and sound (lacked a bit bottom end ) ,sure if i knew more of the stuff i'd have enjoyed it more .Love the Gillian welch Everything is free tune .
As for the venue it was okay,not a patch on the boilershop but the sound was better than Parquet courts the other week (band way better though)

Aye,bit 50/50 for me .Found her few months back but heard more kurt vile collab stuff and mellow stuff and a bit of what must be her main sound so found the set a bit samey .Great band and sound (lacked a bit bottom end ) ,sure if i knew more of the stuff i'd have enjoyed it more .Love the Gillian welch Everything is free tune .
As for the venue it was okay,not a patch on the boilershop but the sound was better than Parquet courts the other week (band way better though)
Remember seeing her at a festival a couple of years ago, she was on the main stage with a good crowd, about two thirds of the way through her set about 70% of the crowd just got up and fucked off across the site. She must've been wondering wtf was happening. It was just around the time Christine and the queens had released tilted and she was just coming on in a tent. Was quite funny :lol:

Remember seeing her at a festival a couple of years ago, she was on the main stage with a good crowd, about two thirds of the way through her set about 70% of the crowd just got up and fucked off across the site. She must've been wondering wtf was happening. It was just around the time Christine and the queens had released tilted and she was just coming on in a tent. Was quite funny :lol:
I'm a weathered older music fan and i hear the riffs lifted off stuff etc ,the main problem as a new listener was , okay i get it ,now end the song and instead we get another minute or so .She has a great voice but doesn't go mellow enough

this was an outdoor festival and they actually played twice, once early in the day and then again because St Germain pulled out. They were on directly before Orbital and it just felt really cringey, guess the crowd didnt really get into them either as they were a bit pissed off with St Germain no show

I get that, playing before Orbital to a field full of old ravers was probs not for them !! It was very much their crowd when I saw them and the place was going nuts for them. Fully get how a lot of people would see it as cringey.

Also, hadnt heard of Nakhane before, but just had a quick flick through and sounds great.

My most played albums this year...
Courtney Barnett - tell me how you really feel - seen the show last week really enjoyed it, the 2 covers were class.
Kurt vile - bottle it in
The goon sax - we’re not talking

When do spotify give you your most played songs of the year playlist?

Wonder what this years (very) guilty pleasure will have been!

I’m dreading mine. It’ll be completely dominated by the Greatest Showman soundtrack.
Letting the kids use my Spotify is a nightmare !!

Anyone at Shame tonight at Newcastle Uni? I enjoyed the Cluny better (bit more intimate, and a bit more fierce), but still a great show! I think they may have produced album of the year! :) What you think?

Back