New Music Releases Thread

I should have said that it’s Speedy Ortiz, Okkervil River and Neil Young for me

Isnt Dylan Carlson the bloke that bought the shotgun for Kurt Cobain?

He is. Founder and whatever else of Earth.

Those three for me, maybe also Janelle Monae. Could give Willie Nelson a listen and the Dr Dog album has got a cracking Uncut review.

:lol: good times. I was at that second gig and thought it was the greatest line up I'd seen but was disgusted at Plan B being there. Zane Lowe was there as well iirc.

Was like a parade of bellends now I think back.

Aye. I can remember Zane Lowe pretending to DJ and bigging up that shite Professor Green song that sampled/completely ripped off an INXS song, first time it was played on Radio 1 or something. That night will live long in the memory.

TBH, i had no idea We Are Scientists were still about until I saw that their album was out tomorrow. I'm fully expecting new releases from The Young Knives and Art Brut in the next few months as the mid 2000s indie rock revival gathers pace.

:lol: Once saw The Young Knives 'headlining' the Thursday night at Leeds festival one year when only two or three bands play. Another great night.

On a complete side note.

A massive congrats to all involved on reaching 400 pages. I’ve discovered some truly amazing new stuff on here so a big thanks to all.
Let’s fully keep it going.

Got to thank @James for that! I know it can appear a bit elitist or hipster at times but there's been so much good recommended music on here that it replaces other sources as my primary place for looking for new music.

I think I got as far as the second album, which was pretty poor... also saw them around the same time and bought an "I Are Scientists" t-shirt, which I still have and really like but never wear in case someone recognises it as a WAS t-shirt and points and laughs.
Oddly bought an early album, I think the one before With Love & Squalor but don't recall the title, from a bargain bin just a couple of weeks ago - not played it yet. Hadn't thought about them in years

Oddly bought an early album, I think the one before With Love & Squalor but don't recall the title, from a bargain bin just a couple of weeks ago - not played it yet. Hadn't thought about them in years

Wikipedia says "Safety, Fun and Learning (In That Order)"? Self released, I think. They're not memorable. Seemed likeable so I wanted them to succeed.

Wikipedia says "Safety, Fun and Learning (In That Order)"? Self released, I think. They're not memorable. Seemed likeable so I wanted them to succeed.
Ah, sounds about right. I recall I quite liked WLAS, but I got the one after that and think I maybe played half of it and lost interest - don't remember anything about it

Not sure what I think of the new Okkervil River album on first listen, which is a shame because I thought the last one was brilliant!

The new Damned album is well worth a listen. Got a recommendation from a friend last week. Always viewed them as a novelty punk band, how I was wrong . Discovered a few of their 1980s albums as well, no two are the same style. Real discovery for me this week, oh and the new album "Evil spirits" is my pick of the year so far.

Got a bit tired of 6 music and went hunting for decent radio stations, found KEXP,
who also have some good live sessions on You Tube. Also found a French one FIP.
Any others around?

Not new but has anyone listened to Max Richter “Sleep”. It’s 8 hours and 204 tracks. And meant to be listened to as you sleep (they did a weird live version with fold out beds). Listened to it last night, have to say I didn’t sleep well at all

Not new but has anyone listened to Max Richter “Sleep”. It’s 8 hours and 204 tracks. And meant to be listened to as you sleep (they did a weird live version with fold out beds). Listened to it last night, have to say I didn’t sleep well at all

I saw footage of the live version on the news (not all 8 hours). I've listened to From Sleep, which was the accompanying album for waking listening, but not Sleep.

Back