New Music Releases Thread

Booked tickets for the Pixies at the Roundhouse. Should be rather good
I'm tempted to come back for one of those, but it'll be hard to swing it with Cure trip already lined up :neutral: They're supporting Weezer over here in the summer so might have to make do with that. Unless I can somehow wangle a longer trip that also gets me the Teenage Fanclub Creation Years gigs in November - I think they're more than a week apart though.

I'm tempted to come back for one of those, but it'll be hard to swing it with Cure trip already lined up :neutral: They're supporting Weezer over here in the summer so might have to make do with that. Unless I can somehow wangle a longer trip that also gets me the Teenage Fanclub Creation Years gigs in November - I think they're more than a week apart though.
You doing the three teenage fan club gigs? Would love to be able to go to that

Just did Ministry on Saturday

Breeders
Editors
Frank Turner
Decemberists
Dropkick Murphys/Flogging Molly
Cure/Interpol/Editors/Ride/Slowdive/Twilight Sad
Belly
I hadn’t realised there were UK dates for this. I saw DKM in Dunfermline of all places last year, supported by The Living End.

You doing the three teenage fan club gigs? Would love to be able to go to that
Probably not, sadly. Just doing a little pie in the sky stuff. I was just trying to justify a trip back to the UK and those shows are around the same time as the Pixies shows - but I'm coming back for the Cure show in the summer so I'm not sure I can get away with two transatlantic trips this year just for gigs! :lol:

I hadn’t realised there were UK dates for this. I saw DKM in Dunfermline of all places last year, supported by The Living End.
Yeah, sorry, Arkle's right - I shouldn't have led you on there. Cure is the only UK show on that list. DKM/FM is in Asbury Park, NJ.

Final new releases of April. They come from Godsmack, Grouper, Janelle Monae, Keith Urban, Okkervil River, Post Malone, Speedy Ortiz, The Beat Escape, Twin Shadow, Willie Nelson, Neil Young (live archive stuff), Dr Dog, Dylan Carlson, We Are Scientists and Half Waif.

Had no idea We Are Scientists were even still about. Remember it taking about two hours to get home because of a blizzard when I saw them at the Academy about 8 or 9 years ago.

Saw The Courteeners, Plan B and The Futureheads all in one night there not long before. Those were the days.

Had no idea We Are Scientists were even still about. Remember it taking about two hours to get home because of a blizzard when I saw them at the Academy about 8 or 9 years ago.

Saw The Courteeners, Plan B and The Futureheads all in one night there not long before. Those were the days.

TBH, i had no idea We Are Scientists were still about until I saw that their album was out tomorrow. I'm fully expecting new releases from The Young Knives and Art Brut in the next few months as the mid 2000s indie rock revival gathers pace.

I remember seeing WAS when their first album came out, which must have been around 2006 :eek:

Don’t think I’ve listened to any of their stuff since!

I remember seeing WAS when their first album came out, which must have been around 2006 :eek:

Don’t think I’ve listened to any of their stuff since!

I think I got as far as the second album, which was pretty poor... also saw them around the same time and bought an "I Are Scientists" t-shirt, which I still have and really like but never wear in case someone recognises it as a WAS t-shirt and points and laughs.

:lol: good times. I was at that second gig and thought it was the greatest line up I'd seen but was disgusted at Plan B being there. Zane Lowe was there as well iirc.

Was like a parade of bellends now I think back.

Final new releases of April. They come from Godsmack, Grouper, Janelle Monae, Keith Urban, Okkervil River, Post Malone, Speedy Ortiz, The Beat Escape, Twin Shadow, Willie Nelson, Neil Young (live archive stuff), Dr Dog, Dylan Carlson, We Are Scientists and Half Waif.
I should have said that it’s Speedy Ortiz, Okkervil River and Neil Young for me

Isnt Dylan Carlson the bloke that bought the shotgun for Kurt Cobain?

Back