New Music Releases Thread

First new releases of November tomorrow. They include: Anti-Flag, Bibio, Cannibal Corpose, Grace VanderWaal (winner of season 11 of America's Got Talent) :eek:, James Holden & The Animal Spirits, Kid Rock, Lost Horizons (Simon Raymonde from Cocteau Twins, some other bloke and a load of guest vocalists), Maroon 5, Sam Smith, Shamir, Stereophonics (again??), EERA, The Band of Holy Joy (legitimately again, this is a compilation of early releases) and Laura Baird (Meg's sister).

Not the most inspiring week!

First new releases of November tomorrow. They include: Anti-Flag, Bibio, Cannibal Corpose, Grace VanderWaal (winner of season 11 of America's Got Talent) :eek:, James Holden & The Animal Spirits, Kid Rock, Lost Horizons (Simon Raymonde from Cocteau Twins, some other bloke and a load of guest vocalists), Maroon 5, Sam Smith, Shamir, Stereophonics (again??), EERA, The Band of Holy Joy (legitimately again, this is a compilation of early releases) and Laura Baird (Meg's sister).

Not the most inspiring week!
Wow.

That’s shit

Random discovery of the week, a band called Short Fictions. Given the pathetic releases this week, maybe worth a listen

I’ve also decided that Protomartyr is my album of the year.

Might check them out. As an aside, a new Fever Ray album seems to have appeared at some point in the last few days.

Clearing up some of last week's releases:

Lankum - downbeat Irish folk, very good, if you like folk.

Daniele Luppi & Parquet Courts - a bit like Parquet Courts but with female vocals on half of the songs and a skronk jazz track at the end.

Omar Souleyman - Syrian Wedding Disco Massif!

Not new music but Bruce Springsteen just released the July 3rd 1988 Sweden show from the Tunnel of Love tour. I will wait until cyber Monday (November 27th) to buy it hopefully at 1/2 price.

The new Fever Ray album sounds like Fever Ray, so essentially it sounds like half of The Knife.
The Lost Horizons thing is a bit one paced. All nice, very good vocals but a tinsy bit dull.
Laura Baird is good if you like the folkier side of Americana. Lots of banjo!
That leaves James Holden as my album of the week. A bit jazz, a bit electronica, a bit jazztronica but all very listenable.

Warm digits / field Music were both superb last night in part 2 of clunys weekend celebrations.
Field Mysuc played a lot of new stuff which I thought was great. Very art school pop / talking heads influences.
The stuff Dave Brewis wrote and performed slightly shaded his Peters. Excellent live performances from both.
Unfortunately missed ex figurehead Barry Hyde.
£10 for three acts of that calibre is unbelievably good value.

Warm digits / field Music were both superb last night in part 2 of clunys weekend celebrations.
Field Mysuc played a lot of new stuff which I thought was great. Very art school pop / talking heads influences.
The stuff Dave Brewis wrote and performed slightly shaded his Peters. Excellent live performances from both.
Unfortunately missed ex figurehead Barry Hyde.
£10 for three acts of that calibre is unbelievably good value.

Are they a tribute act?

The Lost Horizons thing is a bit one paced. All nice, very good vocals but a tinsy bit dull.
shaun keavney played a song by them this morning, had some lass on vocals which i thought was kanny... but i'm guessing the album doesnt go any further then.

Back