New Music Releases Thread

Anyone know of any decent record shops in the County Durham area? Gonna buy a couple this weekend, after some Radiohead and the latest Horrors and Slowdive on vinyl.

The last releases of September are here tomorrow. A bit of a mixed bunch. They include albums from Demi Lovato, David Crosby, Ben Frost, Four Tet, Hurts, Ibeyi, Loney Dear, Miley Cyrus, Jessica Lee Mayfield, Pere Ubu, Propagandhi, Primus, Shania Twain, Protomartyr, Torres, Wolf Alice, Vessels, The World is a Beautiful Place & I am No Longer Afraid to Die, Benjamin Clementine, Zara McFarlane and a 4 disc Luke Haines compilation.

The last releases of September are here tomorrow. A bit of a mixed bunch. They include albums from Demi Lovato, David Crosby, Ben Frost, Four Tet, Hurts, Ibeyi, Loney Dear, Miley Cyrus, Jessica Lee Mayfield, Pere Ubu, Propagandhi, Primus, Shania Twain, Protomartyr, Torres, Wolf Alice, Vessels, The World is a Beautiful Place & I am No Longer Afraid to Die, Benjamin Clementine, Zara McFarlane and a 4 disc Luke Haines compilation.
I'm quite excited for Primus, not sure what my other pick should be.

Not sure who to suggest. From my point of view, I'd say one of Protmartyr, Four Tet, Loney Dear, Benjamin Clementine and Torres but not sure which is most likely to be to your taste.
Four Tet is the only one there I've heard of. Nothing folky, rocky or indie-poppy this week?

I might go with Propaghandi
Even though I haven't listened to them for about 15 years!

Four Tet is the only one there I've heard of. Nothing folky, rocky or indie-poppy this week?

I might go with Propaghandi
Even though I haven't listened to them for about 15 years!

Protomartyr and Wolf Alice are both a bit rocky. I think Jessica Lea (not Lee) Mayfield is country-folk stuff but don't know a lot about her. Loney, Dear is probably your best bet for indie pop, a little bit folky as well, quite introspective.

And Worriers - Survival Pop

Off to Charly Bliss in Brooklyn tonight - Guppy is my unashamedly fave album of the year thus far

Andrew weatheralls new album dropped last Friday. Very very good. Obviously it's dance orientated but the drums are live sounding as opposed to machines. It's all instrumental unlike his last album.

Dan Snaith / caribou releases his new album on Friday under his Daphni guise. Sure to be good.

Have just listened to the first song on that record. Really good...Saved for tomorrow's commute.

What has Chunky been banned for now?

Christ knows! (as far as Chunky is concerned)

Other new stuff I've listened to:

Benjamin Clementine: sounds a bit mental
Torres: good, gone a bit St VIncent
Trio da Kali & Kronos Quartet: didn't mention this in the new release list. Afro-funk mixed with classical strings. Interesting, very interesting!
Four Tet: a bit dull, to be honest.
Ibeyi: intriguing fusion of about four genres and as many languages.

Back