New Music Releases Thread

Continuing my slow burning bounce through last Friday's releases:

Moses Sumney - glacial, electro-soul. Cracking voice, very good!
The Clientele - their eighth album but the first in seven years. A mixture of harmony based indie jangle and spoken songs. Properly good old school post-C86 indie then...

Having had time to consider the war on drugs album since it’s release earlier this year, it’s taken me a while to conclude it’s not very good, sadly.

NGHFB new album

24 November

:cool:
Will this year finally see a rivalry to equal the mid-90s blur v oasis chart battles???

Having had time to consider the war on drugs album since it’s release earlier this year, it’s taken me a while to conclude it’s not very good, sadly.

Will this year finally see a rivalry to equal the mid-90s blur v oasis chart battles???

It has actually grown on me quite a lot. It's about 20 minutes too long again though, just needs to be cut down by two or three filler tracks.

It has actually grown on me quite a lot. It's about 20 minutes too long again though, just needs to be cut down by two or three filler tracks.
i think i switch off half way through, thinking here we go again - perhaps you're right about editing out 20 mins...

In contrast I like it. It’s grown on me with each listen.

It’s a few months old now but I’d recommend The Gathering by Toby Hay. Was reviewed on Caught by the River recently and he’s playing with Marissa Anderson in November so I checked it out. It’s very good.

Last edited:
Completing my new release odyssey, after confirming that the second half of The Horrors album is very good!

Godspeed - as @chunkylover53 says, very dark! Also, very, very compelling.
Tricky - actually really good also. No major new moves but he's got Martina Topley-Bird back doing a lot of vocals. Contains a Hole cover.

This is the Kit at 8 so assuming 9, will let you know

I didn't even realise they had a support. :lol:

Gold Class for me tonight, zero idea on stage time so going to head over for 8.30. The joys of living within a 20 min walk to all the music venues, absolute heaven compared to my last place!

Nightmare getting across to Hammersmith though. :)

Back