New Music Releases Thread

Couple of new discoveries

Behind the shadow drops - think it’s one of Mono

Takaaikara “Taka” Goto - Classical Punk and Echos Under the Beauty

First one very post rock (unsurprisingly given the Mono link), second more Sakamoto. Probably ones for @Arkle . Both absolutely magic

Couple of new discoveries

Behind the shadow drops - think it’s one of Mono

Takaaikara “Taka” Goto - Classical Punk and Echos Under the Beauty

First one very post rock (unsurprisingly given the Mono link), second more Sakamoto. Probably ones for @Arkle . Both absolutely magic

My spies suggest that Takaakira 'Taka' Goto is the Mono connection of Behind the shadow drops, so both are his.

On to the more prosaic matter of this week's new stuff. Some intersting albums here: Beck, Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile, Robert Plant, St Vincent, King Krule, Pink, A Savage (solo debut of the Parquet Courts singer), Enslaved, Exhumed, LA Guns, Pale Honey, Stars, SISTERS, Wu Tang Clan, The Rural Alberta Advantage, William Patrick Corgan (i.e. Billy), Tegan and Sara, The Barr Brothers, TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb and Saz'iso.

First four are probably the biggies for this thread.

My spies suggest that Takaakira 'Taka' Goto is the Mono connection of Behind the shadow drops, so both are his.

On to the more prosaic matter of this week's new stuff. Some intersting albums here: Beck, Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile, Robert Plant, St Vincent, King Krule, Pink, A Savage (solo debut of the Parquet Courts singer), Enslaved, Exhumed, LA Guns, Pale Honey, Stars, SISTERS, Wu Tang Clan, The Rural Alberta Advantage, William Patrick Corgan (i.e. Billy), Tegan and Sara, The Barr Brothers, TJ Kong and the Atomic Bomb and Saz'iso.

First four are probably the biggies for this thread.
Ah

Good selection this week sir.

If anyone is a fan of Dan Auerbach or The Black Keys, I reccomend you check out a new album release by Dante Schwebel called Texas Music Room.

Its himself and a load of artists including Greyhounds based in Austin

I've just yet found out that there are also new releases from The Transplants (a covers EP), The Front Bottoms and Nerina Pallot this week. I'm going to be busy.

i didnt see this get a mention before, but dhani harrissn released his first solo album last week called IN///PARALLEL - which i've been listening to today & its rather a good listen, not what i was expecting at all and much better than my expectations.

on two listens, i keep coming back to the feeling i'm listening to a new album by 'foster the people'...

Quite like the Courtney Barnett & Kurt Vile album. Not sure it's as good as either of their solo stuff though.

on two listens, i keep coming back to the feeling i'm listening to a new album by 'foster the people'...

That's one of the most scathing album reviews I've ever seen.

Anybody familiar with Baxter Dury ( son of Ian ) ?
Been listening to his new single Miami today and really likening it. His vocals similar to his auld mans against low fi Indy/ disco/ synth.
Downloaded his back catalogue to get into

Been listening to his new single Miami today and really likening it. His vocals similar to his auld mans against low fi Indy/ disco/ synth.

Back catalogue is pretty good. Saw him at End of the Road a few weeks back. Very good but came across as a bit of a twat (kept referring to the audience as country dwellers).

Love that song, never bothered with him before but definitely gonna give him a look.

Back