New Music Releases Thread

Christ Almighty, that King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard lot are absolutely abysmal. First time I've actually given them a proper a listen.

You're going against board consensus here, which is probably a good thing.

The new album is arguably their strangest so may not be the best starting point...

They're absolutely class man. You'd love them live
One of the best bands in the World at the moment IMO! The latest album literally had me hypnotised!

Lee Bains III and James Elkington are the obvious pair from that list. Lee Bains III is southern rock (quite Drive By Truckersesque) and James Elkington is a guitarist who's worked with RIchard Thompson, Steve Gunn and Jeff Tweedy amongst others. What I've heard of his solo stuff is along the lines of the folkier side of Americana.
Nice one. Bains definitely sounds right up my street from your description. Those will be this week's 2 picks then.

That Kane Strang one sounds canny, I've just been listening to a few of their songs. Peter Perrett sounds good too.

I've been listening to that Summer Moon album all week. It's a canny album like, don't think it's the best solo Strokes album though.

New Arcade Fire song is even shitter than the last two.
It's poor on first listen. I'm starting to consider cancelling my deluxe bundle pre-order and just pick up the CD when it's out.

The marketing campaign for it is doing my box in too. Going on about being controlled by a corporation called Everything Now.

I've cancelled the pre-order. Means I can use the money to get a couple of others over the weekend.

Plus I just spent £60 odd on the Third Man Records vault. Re-issue off Icky Thump, a record of b-sides and a record of demos :lol:

Last edited:
The new Calvin Harris album is alright. 80's inspired Summer funk album rather than the shite he's been doing for the rest of his career. Gets a bit boring by the end though even though it's only 40 minutes long. Frank Ocean, Pharrell Williams, Ariana Grande, John Legend etc all sing on it.

Beach House is pretty uninspiring. It's fine, it's Beach House. But they're one of these bands who get boring very quickly for me.

See also
Publi Service Broadcasting

Love the new Public Service Broadcasting track too.

Looking forward to their gig at the Brixton Academy.

The new War on Drugs single gets a thumbs up too:cool:

New Arcade Fire song is even shitter than the last two.

I know marra.

Not sure what to think. It's all gone the shape of the pear recently.

Oh for "Funeral" type songs again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the new Public Service Broadcasting track too.

Looking forward to their gig at the Brixton Academy.

The new War on Drugs single gets a thumbs up too:cool:

I know marra.

Not sure what to think. It's all gone the shape of the pear recently.

Oh for "Funeral" type songs again.
Oh they are fine but the first album was superb and then it just gets a bit boring for me

Arcade Fire I fully agree on. Absolute crap. Looking forward to seeing them live at York Hall mind

Oh they are fine but the first album was superb and then it just gets a bit boring for me

Arcade Fire I fully agree on. Absolute crap. Looking forward to seeing them live at York Hall mind

I still think that "The War Room" EP is by far the best thing PSB have done. The debut albym was excellent and "The Race For Space" had its moments (enough to be listenable but nothing on their in the same league as "Spitfire" or "London Can Take It". I'm intrigued by the new album, interesting theme and I've kind of liked what I've heard so far.

Arcade Fire are going for stadiums... (and old boxing venues)

Back