New Music Releases Thread

I've not give endless a proper listen since it came out tbh I'll probably give it another listen tomorrow. Been hammering blonde lately though. White Ferrari, self control and nikes being the high points imo
Self control and Nikes are the best two on there I think. Followed closely by Ivy :cool:

I preferred Nostalgia Ultra to his albums to be honest. Some of the tracks that didn't make it on there were great as well. Richest Man In the World, Denim, Sucka 4 Love etc.

I preferred Nostalgia Ultra to his albums to be honest. Some of the tracks that didn't make it on there were great as well. Richest Man In the World, Denim, Sucka 4 Love etc.
I will check them out. I downloaded a big torrent with his unreleased stuff but never got around to listening to any of it coz of the sheer number of them.

Tomorrow is quieter for new releases than last Friday. Two big re-release packages though. I'm guessing that a lot of people will focus on Radiohead's "OK Computer OKNOTOK" and others on the deluxe re-release of Prince's "Purple Rain".

As far as new releases are concerned: Algiers release their second album (the first was good), Banditos release their newie, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard release the second of their promised five this year, the 405 reckons UNKLE release their new album this week but Amazon reckon August, Vince Staples has an album out, Laurel Halo's album is out and got 8/10 in Uncut, The Imagination Dragons stick their newie out, Jeff Tweedy has an album of solo reworkings of songs from across his career out and Bedouine also got 8/10 from Uncut and the track on the cover CD was impressive. Oh and fans of Goatwhore, they release "Vengeful Ascension" this week.

Tomorrow is quieter for new releases than last Friday. Two big re-release packages though. I'm guessing that a lot of people will focus on Radiohead's "OK Computer OKNOTOK" and others on the deluxe re-release of Prince's "Purple Rain".

As far as new releases are concerned: Algiers release their second album (the first was good), Banditos release their newie, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard release the second of their promised five this year, the 405 reckons UNKLE release their new album this week but Amazon reckon August, Vince Staples has an album out, Laurel Halo's album is out and got 8/10 in Uncut, The Imagination Dragons stick their newie out, Jeff Tweedy has an album of solo reworkings of songs from across his career out and Bedouine also got 8/10 from Uncut and the track on the cover CD was impressive. Oh and fans of Goatwhore, they release "Vengeful Ascension" this week.
Just the Gizz for me this week. Might take the opportunity to check out Jason Isbell's back catalogue and catch up on a couple of highly rated albums I've missed.

The next few weeks are quite quiet according to Wiki (which isn't always complete, CBA to check metacritic just now). Only Gizzard and Haim over the next 3 weeks that I'm really bothered about!

Last edited:
Just the Gizz for me this week. Might take the opportunity to check out Jason Isbell's back catalogue and catch up on a couple of highly rated albums I've missed.

He was in Drive By Truckers for a few years. Joined early 2000s, left mid to late 2000s. Was briefly married to their then bassist, Shonna Tucker. No idea whether their break up contributed to him leaving the band and, to some degree, they've always had a revolving membership besides Patterson Hood and Mike Cooley. He's made about half a dozen albums since, either solo or with The 400 Unit.

He was in Drive By Truckers for a few years. Joined early 2000s, left mid to late 2000s. Was briefly married to their then bassist, Shonna Tucker. No idea whether their break up contributed to him leaving the band and, to some degree, they've always had a revolving membership besides Patterson Hood and Mike Cooley. He's made about half a dozen albums since, either solo or with The 400 Unit.
Yeah I checked out his Wiki page last week, I've got 5 previous solo albums lined up in my Apple Music.

Vince Staples' new album is out tomorrow, last month turned out to just be a single. Most I've looked forward to an album in years, prefer him to Kendrick. Great feature list as well. Damon Albarn, Justin Vernon, ASAP Rocky and a Vince/Kendrick collab for the first ever time.

Vince Staples' new album is out tomorrow, last month turned out to just be a single. Most I've looked forward to an album in years, prefer him to Kendrick. Great feature list as well. Damon Albarn, Justin Vernon, ASAP Rocky and a Vince/Kendrick collab for the first ever time.
Would I like Vince Staples? I mainly prefer old school and southern sounding stuff, as well as the acts I listed a couple of pages back I love Common, Action Bronson, Ugly Duckling, De La Soul, ATCQ etc, I'm not too keen on Kanye or Kendrick.

Would I like Vince Staples? I mainly prefer old school and southern sounding stuff, as well as the acts I listed a couple of pages back I love Common, Action Bronson, Ugly Duckling, De La Soul, ATCQ etc, I'm not too keen on Kanye or Kendrick.

He's more of a gangster rapper than anything else, but his lyrics have quite a lot of depth to them so can't really stick him in just that one category. If you compared him to someone from a previous era it would probably be someone like Ice Cube.

Changing up his sound though judging by what he's said and the couple of tracks he's released so far. He's been rapping over the top of 'EDM' beats recently which I'm not as keen on but the two released songs from the album sound great.

I couldn't get away with the Summertime album but I liked him on the Gorillaz album so I'll give this a go.

That cigarettes after sex record is delightful

Just listening to it now. It's lovely.

Don't know if anybody listens to Hammock (a more accessible Explosions in the Sky) but they just realeased a new single in advance of a new album in August. Canny for summer evenings.

Last edited:
King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard is fantastic, yet again! How on Earth can a band release albums so prolifically whilst keeping the standard of their music so high???

Back