National Holiday

Took the bairn to windsor legoland. Great day and ended up staying at this lovely hotel in heathrow. Was expecting a travellodge. Think it was a radisson just outside heathrow. Bairn loved it
Radisson on Bath Road? It's nice, used to go to Kingston technologies Christmas party in there for a few years.

Radisson on Bath Road? It's nice, used to go to Kingston technologies Christmas party in there for a few years.
There was a few Raddisons on the perimeter rd. the newest one was the Edwardian which was lovely when new. The other one was the launch site for an ira attack in 1993 iirc. All mortars either not launched or landing on the north runway and didn’t go off. I worked at Heathrow that night

There was a few Raddisons on the perimeter rd. the newest one was the Edwardian which was lovely when new. The other one was the launch site for an ira attack in 1993 iirc. All mortars either not launched or landing on the north runway and didn’t go off. I worked at Heathrow that night
This is the Raddison blu, I was living in Hong Kong in '93 but I did hear about the attack, lucky they were duff eh 🍀

No. Couldn't pay me to do it.
In a few years the penny will drop mate that money ,expensive holidays abroad and material things don’t make you happy quite the reverse for some.

Happiness is spending quality time on little cheap adventures like this with your wife and having a laugh.Honestly it’ll come to you in time .
Anyone been on any of these lately?
No mate

I’m thinking about setting up a go fund me page on here and provide valuable upto to all of my friends

Last edited:
I would consider it when I got to retirement age like the OP clearly is but I'm only 39 so it's a no from me for now.

I’m only 66 and I’ll consider it when I’m the age my parents were when they started doing it: mid 80s.

But I’d have to have a change of attitude because I can’t think of anything worse at the moment.

In a few years the penny will drop mate that money ,expensive holidays abroad and material things don’t make you happy quite the reverse for some.

Happiness is spending quality time on little cheap adventures like this with your wife and having a laugh.Honestly it’ll come to you in time .

No mate

I’m thinking about setting up a go fund me page on here and provide valuable upto to all of my friends
Imagine the coach full of SMBers!

I agree just not stuck on a coach with a load of pensioners😀😀

No mate

I'll just drive and not be at the behest of some tab smoking fella

Not my cup of tea like getting the bus with a load of scratters to end up in some hovel like Russell Square in London or The Adelphi in Liverpool. Rather fork out for a decent holiday abroad personally but each to their own.

Back