National Holiday

Be a bit daft to expect a 5 star experience from a 3 star hotel.

There isn't usually any realistic alternative to flying to get to your overseas destination tho. You can get to Leeds or wherever in several different ways. Thought that would have been a fairly obvious point tbh.

I assumed these trips set off in the morning. I usually do when I'm going away.

You go in 3 star hotels!
It wasn’t in relation to where you’re going either abroad or not.
You assumed I meant having a drink before setting off?

You go in 3 star hotels!
It wasn’t in relation to where you’re going either abroad or not.
You assumed I meant having a drink before setting off?
Yes.
You have no choice but to travel with loads of people when you fly.
No I didn't. It'll still be morning when I've driven to where I want to go. Hence why not having a drink then.

I went, not the biggest fan of Harry Potter but enjoyed it.

We stopped at some services and one of the passengers asked where the hotel was, the driver pointed to a hotel and said there.

I thought he was joking but he wasn’t, it didn’t really matter as it was much easier to get to the studios the next day after a good few hours in London before heading back to the hotel.

Like the TKMaxx of holiday experiences then?

Yes.
You have no choice but to travel with loads of people when you fly.
No I didn't. It'll still be morning when I've driven to where I want to go. Hence why not having a drink then.

We go away in couples now and again a fair number of us and take the cars or train.
We were going to set up a National Holidays weekend trip before all this kicked off, looks like it’s back on.
Like the TKMaxx of holiday experiences then?

Hello Mr Clobber Lobber.

We go away in couples now and again a fair number of us and take the cars or train.
We were going to set up a National Holidays weekend trip before all this kicked off, looks like it’s back on.
Hopefully yous enjoy it.

Remember, the rule is that there's at least one arsehole on every bus tho. If yours doesn't appear to have one.........

I went, not the biggest fan of Harry Potter but enjoyed it.

We stopped at some services and one of the passengers asked where the hotel was, the driver pointed to a hotel and said there.

I thought he was joking but he wasn’t, it didn’t really matter as it was much easier to get to the studios the next day after a good few hours in London before heading back to the hotel.
Yes they bill it as a 'mystery hotel' which in reality is a shite holiday inn on a service station :lol:
Not bothered as long as its clean, my mam did Legoland/London Eye etc with the bairn last year they loved it

Hello Mr Clobber Lobber.

I lob clothes? As in throw them about?

Sounds like something that would gan on at TKMaxx to be honest.

I lob clothes? As in throw them about?

Sounds like something that would gan on at TKMaxx to be honest.

Don’t get yourself too enthralled in my shopping habits they’re not really important.

Although I do love that you’re still thinking about me after all this time.
Love you hun x

My mate has been on a few of these and he's always trying to get me to go, he swears by them.
He's had some good ones and some bad, but it doesn't cost much so you just take the rough with the smooth I suppose.

On one trip he got talking to the driver and he was telling him that the hotel only get about £18 a room for dinner bed and breakfast and hope to make the money over the bar or from other services. The hotels are in a tricky position as they can't really afford it, but they can't afford to say no either.
You have these tatty hotels that National holidays are taking 25 rooms for every coach that pulls in and they hope by putting on a turn they can grab a few hundred quid a week in the quiet seasons.
On the flip side he's been to a few really nice places as well that he was amazed at paying so little for.

I suppose most hotels would rather be full at cost price than empty charging the standard room rates.

My mate has been on a few of these and he's always trying to get me to go, he swears by them.
He's had some good ones and some bad, but it doesn't cost much so you just take the rough with the smooth I suppose.

On one trip he got talking to the driver and he was telling him that the hotel only get about £18 a room for dinner bed and breakfast and hope to make the money over the bar or from other services. The hotels are in a tricky position as they can't really afford it, but they can't afford to say no either.
You have these tatty hotels that National holidays are taking 25 rooms for every coach that pulls in and they hope by putting on a turn they can grab a few hundred quid a week in the quiet seasons.
On the flip side he's been to a few really nice places as well that he was amazed at paying so little for.

I suppose most hotels would rather be full at cost price than empty charging the standard room rates.

Does your mate have a Juliet balcony?

Ive had the email today about the Scotland extravaganza but never read it properly.I’ll have a look now and see what the crack is.
We have missed them as much as our little breaks to our friends house in Villa-Martin in Spain.

Took the bairn to windsor legoland. Great day and ended up staying at this lovely hotel in heathrow. Was expecting a travellodge. Think it was a radisson just outside heathrow. Bairn loved it

Back