National Holiday

I must be missing something but what is the point of doing this if you have a car and can drive? Especially if you are just going to somewhere a couple of hours away. Why do it the long way whilst risking being stuck on the bus with arseholes and stopping in a hotel you haven't picked yourself?

Quite exciting tbf, I had booked Harry Potter studios tour with the bairn in April but lockdown put paid to that. Wonder if they'll offer that tour again. My mam loves the national she'll be chuffed :cool:

I went, not the biggest fan of Harry Potter but enjoyed it.

We stopped at some services and one of the passengers asked where the hotel was, the driver pointed to a hotel and said there.

I thought he was joking but he wasn’t, it didn’t really matter as it was much easier to get to the studios the next day after a good few hours in London before heading back to the hotel.

I must be missing something but what is the point of doing this if you have a car and can drive? Especially if you are just going to somewhere a couple of hours away. Why do it the long way whilst risking being stuck on the bus with arseholes and stopping in a hotel you haven't picked yourself?
You can drink a lot a not worry about getting done.

Someone else does the driving so no stress

Not knowing which hotel can be exciting if you like uncertainty

You can just relax and let someone else drive, stop off have a few pints, see things you probably wouldn’t normally.

How many planes have you been on, how many hotels have you been in, have they all been a 5 star experience?

Wrong company.

You can just relax and let someone else drive, stop off have a few pints, see things you probably wouldn’t normally.

How many planes have you been on, how many hotels have you been in, have they all been a 5 star experience?
Don't find driving a couple of hours particularly stressful tbh and normally not really bothered about a drink first thing in the morning.

Why would it matter how many 5 star hotels I have been in or planes I have been on?

Don't find driving a couple of hours particularly stressful tbh and normally not really bothered about a drink first thing in the morning.

Why would it matter how many 5 star hotels I have been in or planes I have been on?

I never asked you how many 5 star hotels you’ve been in.

The reference was to being on planes with way more people on who could potentially be arseholes as well.

I didn’t mean drinking early on a morning either.

Dipshit. ;)

I never asked you how many 5 star hotels you’ve been in.

The reference was to being on planes with way more people on who could potentially be arseholes as well.

I didn’t mean drinking early on a morning either.

Dipshit. ;)
Be a bit daft to expect a 5 star experience from a 3 star hotel.

There isn't usually any realistic alternative to flying to get to your overseas destination tho. You can get to Leeds or wherever in several different ways. Thought that would have been a fairly obvious point tbh.

I assumed these trips set off in the morning. I usually do when I'm going away.

Wrong company.
I did a National Holiday type trip around California, Arizona and Nevada years ago. Got to see so much more than if I had rented a car.

I've known people book with them & then just drive down to hotel in car as the hotel is loads cheaper. Then can still use the bus for the day trips.

Back