My tenants have moved out - threatened by neighbour

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Couldn't the OP sell it without saying anything as he's not reported it to environmental health?

We have a 30k deposit for a house. Just trying to find said house. We are considering moving back in with family/ parents to overcome the current issue.
Sounds like a good idea if they don't mind. Decent deposit marra although I'm guessing houses are expensive compared to up here.

Our neighbour upstairs has had the police out at 5am because our baby cries during the night. She added a few fabricated stories about banging and shouting which is just not true. The minute our baby cries she's stamping on the floor and slamming doors.

Our walls are paper thin and I totally sympathise. We have tried talking to her but she ignores me in the car park and won't answer the door when I've been round. We want to discuss this without any animosity. I would suggest ear plugs but not sure this would be well received. We are at our wits end and clearly would like a decent night's sleep ourselves.

Anyone else had to navigate through similar. Sorry to high jack ops problem, didn't think a whole new thread would be necessary.

Not much you can do tbf, only a f***ing knob would ring the police because a baby is crying.

Obviously it will be annoying for your neighbour but young babies cry, what can you do! It’s also not your fault the walls are paper thin.

Aye fair comment that. Amazing what arsehole neighbour's can take away from people.

We’ve had it in a flat before, f***ing nightmare when you’re living with it.

Had the music problem elsewhere as well but thankfully anyone who was asked to turn it down turned it down. People using massive subwoofers in apartments are kernts of the highest order.

@Snappy why didn't you just knock the prick out?

Because I'm a pussy mate. Plus he's a roid head with a golf club in hand at the time.

We’ve had it in a flat before, f***ing nightmare when you’re living with it.

Had the music problem elsewhere as well but thankfully anyone who was asked to turn it down turned it down. People using massive subwoofers in apartments are kernts of the highest order.

They have it directly above our bedroom. 1:30am it was still booming away this morning. We sleep with ear plugs in.

Last edited:
Because I'm a pussy mate. Plus he's a roid head with a golf club in hand at the time.

They have it directly above our bedroom. 1:30am it was still booming away this morning. We sleep with ear plugs in.

f***ing nightmare, is no one else complaining?

Get a fan or some other form of white noise to go with the ear plugs, really does help.

Our neighbour upstairs has had the police out at 5am because our baby cries during the night. She added a few fabricated stories about banging and shouting which is just not true. The minute our baby cries she's stamping on the floor and slamming doors.

Our walls are paper thin and I totally sympathise. We have tried talking to her but she ignores me in the car park and won't answer the door when I've been round. We want to discuss this without any animosity. I would suggest ear plugs but not sure this would be well received. We are at our wits end and clearly would like a decent night's sleep ourselves.

Anyone else had to navigate through similar. Sorry to high jack ops problem, didn't think a whole new thread would be necessary.

She sounds like she’s unwell and needs help pal, you’ve tried to speak to her and being ignored, I wouldn’t worry about it further than that.

f***ing nightmare, is no one else complaining?

Get a fan or some other form of white noise to go with the ear plugs, really does help.

Got the fan on most nights for the heat. It does help. The old lady that lives next door, ground floor is deaf as a post and the first floor flat next door to the oxygen thief is empty.

True. Couldn't the OP sell it without saying anything as he's not reported it to environmental health?

We have a 30k deposit for a house. Just trying to find said house. We are considering moving back in with family/ parents to overcome the current issue.

30k deposit and you're trying to find a house?

Kinell mate what you after a mansion? Get a nice 3 bed semi starter home and get reet out of there.

Move up now mate. 30k is a hell of a deposit up here.

She has to do 3 years with West Midlands Ambulance Service first. Unfortunately.

30k deposit and you're trying to find a house?

Kinell mate what you after a mansion? Get a nice 3 bed semi starter home and get reet out of there.

Yer we are ;)

Average price here is £270k so not seriously expensive but enough when trying to start out. We are looking with a sense of urgency though.

Last edited:
Thing is though now you've already lost, he knows he can take the piss without repercussions. Even if he knacked you he'd have a bit of respect that you showed some balls.
:lol:

Keep watching the Sopranos mate

Looks like OP can't handle the slum landlord gig. Sell on then buy a new build in Seaburn

Last edited:
She has to do 3 years with West Midlands Ambulance Service first. Unfortunately.

Yer we are ;)

Average price here is £270k so not seriously expensive but enough when trying to start out. We are looking with a sense of urgency though.

Start off small and build your way up is my advice.

I see so many young couples buying 4 bed detached houses with 2 cars stretched to the limit.

Buy a nice little starter home - get on the ladder and build equity whilst having the money to live well

Start off small and build your way up is my advice.

I see so many young couples buying 4 bed detached houses with 2 cars stretched to the limit.

Buy a nice little starter home - get on the ladder and build equity whilst having the money to live well

That's the plan. No way we want to be on the edge financially. 3 bed semi that could do with some tlc and then sell and move up. Just finding that property.

Some awful stories here, few sorry for those involved

My mam is the landlord of a ferryhill flat and she’s had some cases we’ve had to turf out. I keep telling her to sell up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back