My tenants have moved out - threatened by neighbour

I had a call from my letting agent yesterday to say my tenants wanted to move out because they’d had their cars keyed and were threatened with violence by a neighbouring tenant two doors down. They’ve reported it to police, but fear reprisals. These people only moved in 3 weeks ago and are apparently taking ownership of the street. ASB is their speciality.

My tenants are already staying away from my property. My new tenants will obviously face the same shite when I find some.

What is the best way of getting these scumbags to move on?

Good luck, the laws are getting tighter to move out nuisance tenants. Probably an section 13 asbo from the police. Will take up ages though and will mean that the landlord won’t be able to rent out the house again for 6 months.

No mate. Malvern is a lovely part of the world. Walk the hills often.
He is. You can hear him swearing away at the kids all the time. Telling them to f*cking shut up etc. They are 4 and 2. Constantly crying.

Vermin.

Its shite like this folk dont consider when renting out, bastard minefield.

Get yourself into Worcester itself full of lovely folk like me n flicky

:lol: I work in Worcester a few times a week. You aren't the bloke that sometimes stands and shouts at the pigeons by the bridge to St John's are you?

Vermin.

Its shite like this folk dont consider when renting out, bastard minefield.

Our bathroom has flooded twice because they'd let the bath overflow and sink overflow. In this situation their landlord is just as much of a tosser as they are. No way would I buy a flat if I wanted to get into the property rental market.

We pay £700 snots a month for the pleasure as well.

Last edited:
Got exactly the same thing going on. I'm the tenant though and my fiance is 7 months pregnant. Knocked the neighbour's door last night to ask him to turn the bass down on the surround sound system they have in their bedroom and he offered me out in the street. Threatening to knock me out etc.

Police contacted and landlord informed. I just want to move out as I'm incredibly anxious about my unborn child being affected as my lass is in bits nightly due to the issues we had and are facing currently. I'm sat in the flat now and the bass is thundering down through the walls.

Contact the council to have noise monitoring equipment placed in the house

I had a call from my letting agent yesterday to say my tenants wanted to move out because they’d had their cars keyed and were threatened with violence by a neighbouring tenant two doors down. They’ve reported it to police, but fear reprisals. These people only moved in 3 weeks ago and are apparently taking ownership of the street. ASB is their speciality.

My tenants are already staying away from my property. My new tenants will obviously face the same shite when I find some.

What is the best way of getting these scumbags to move on?

Where in ferryhill mate?

Last edited:

Going through that process at the moment. I've got nigh on 70 recordings of various late night issues with noise. We keep a diary of times and dates as advised by environmental health. Police officer was saying how many calls they still get from people desperate for them to come and deal with noisy neighbour's and unless there's threatening behaviour or actually violence they can't do anything so won't attend. Lack of resources obviously and you can't blame them for not coming but it takes months going through hell to seemingly get environmental health do anything other than tell you to keep a log.

Good luck, the laws are getting tighter to move out nuisance tenants. Probably an section 13 asbo from the police. Will take up ages though and will mean that the landlord won’t be able to rent out the house again for 6 months.

Have sent an email to the landlord in Richmond letting them know what has gone on, that their tenants are scumbags, that the police have been called and ASB has been reported to DCC and that my tenants have run scared.

Coincidentally, we’ve recently had dealings with the agents in Richmond (house viewing) before we knew any of this had kicked off.

Meanwhile, my letting agents are going to re-list my property for rental. The current tenants will need to keep paying their rent until a new tenant is found when they’ll be released.

Ferryhill councillors are very proactive and strongly reactive to try and stamp out ASB in the town, as well as trying to raise the level of suitability of the housing stock. We have selective licencing of landlords in Dean Bank and i’d like to see this extended to all of Ferryhill.

Letting agents need to do their bit though and stop sending scumbag tenants to the town.

Where in ferryhill mate?

In the Broom area, specifically Kitchener Terrace.

Have sent an email to the landlord in Richmond letting them know what has gone on, that their tenants are scumbags, that the police have been called and ASB has been reported to DCC and that my tenants have run scared.

Coincidentally, we’ve recently had dealings with the agents in Richmond (house viewing) before we knew any of this had kicked off.

Meanwhile, my letting agents are going to re-list my property for rental. The current tenants will need to keep paying their rent until a new tenant is found when they’ll be released.

Ferryhill councillors are very proactive and strongly reactive to try and stamp out ASB in the town, as well as trying to raise the level of suitability of the housing stock. We have selective licencing of landlords in Dean Bank and i’d like to see this extended to all of Ferryhill.

Letting agents need to do their bit though and stop sending scumbag tenants to the town.

Letting agents don't give a shit as long as they get their commission. Hopefully those scumbags get evicted so any new tenants of yours can live in peace and keep some extra income to you coming in.

Letting agents don't give a shit as long as they get their commission. Hopefully those scumbags get evicted so any new tenants of yours can live in peace and keep some extra income to you coming in.

My rental income just covers my mortgage payments. Not a proper BTL mortgage as i’d have to inject £12k to convert it and i’m not prepared to do that. I’d just about break even by selling. House is a depreciating asset though, so i’ll have to seriously consider it.

Last edited:
:lol: I work in Worcester a few times a week. You aren't the bloke that sometimes stands and shouts at the pigeons by the bridge to St John's are you

Our bathroom has flooded twice because they'd let the bath overflow and sink overflow. In this situation their landlord is just as much of a tosser as they are. No way would I buy a flat if I wanted to get into the property rental market.

We pay £700 snots a month for the pleasure as well.
Nah.... But I can see myself having words with the gulls...... And think yasell lucky my apartment runs me to £900

Last edited:

Thats utter bollocks, letting agents want good tenants, good tenants means less hassle.

That's Bullshit. My agency insist on previous landlord references, do social media checks, check on previous convictions, credit checks and work references.

Thats utter bollocks, letting agents want good tenants, good tenants means less hassle.

That's Bullshit. My agency insist on previous landlord references, do social media checks, check on previous convictions, credit checks and work references.

Fair enough. From my experiences down in the West Midlands there are some letting agents that don't give a shit, maybe I should have specified that in my previous post. Leaders for one. You speak as you find and my experience has been very different to yours, clearly.

Just go as high up the food chain that you can afford and pay someone to suggest that they behave themselves.
When you try to reason with these lowlife scumbags they only see that as a sign of weakness.
There’s only one language them fuckers understand.

Our neighbour upstairs has had the police out at 5am because our baby cries during the night. She added a few fabricated stories about banging and shouting which is just not true. The minute our baby cries she's stamping on the floor and slamming doors.

Our walls are paper thin and I totally sympathise. We have tried talking to her but she ignores me in the car park and won't answer the door when I've been round. We want to discuss this without any animosity. I would suggest ear plugs but not sure this would be well received. We are at our wits end and clearly would like a decent night's sleep ourselves.

Anyone else had to navigate through similar. Sorry to high jack ops problem, didn't think a whole new thread would be necessary.

Some people just aren't wired up properly mate, you'll never get through to her that she's out of order.

Got exactly the same thing going on. I'm the tenant though and my fiance is 7 months pregnant. Knocked the neighbour's door last night to ask him to turn the bass down on the surround sound system they have in their bedroom and he offered me out in the street. Threatening to knock me out etc.

Police contacted and landlord informed. I just want to move out as I'm incredibly anxious about my unborn child being affected as my lass is in bits nightly due to the issues we had and are facing currently. I'm sat in the flat now and the bass is thundering down through the walls.
Why surround sound for the masses is a bad idea,you only get the bass next door

No mate. Malvern is a lovely part of the world. Walk the hills often.

I did. It's logged and they've told me to call 999 next time not 101.

He is. You can hear him swearing away at the kids all the time. Telling them to f*cking shut up etc. They are 4 and 2. Constantly crying.

contact Social Services about the kids.

Back