My tenants have moved out - threatened by neighbour

Thats utter bollocks, letting agents want good tenants, good tenants means less hassle.

And good tenants want good letting agents. Far too many dodgy fly by night agencies around doing nothing for the landlord whilst grabbing a portion of the rent and in the meantime trying to extract what they can from the unfortunate tenant in dubious fees, charges and deposit theft. The recent law change stopping fees is a blessing and fair play to the Tories for bringing it out. Most unlike them...

Have sent an email to the landlord in Richmond letting them know what has gone on, that their tenants are scumbags, that the police have been called and ASB has been reported to DCC and that my tenants have run scared.

Coincidentally, we’ve recently had dealings with the agents in Richmond (house viewing) before we knew any of this had kicked off.

Meanwhile, my letting agents are going to re-list my property for rental. The current tenants will need to keep paying their rent until a new tenant is found when they’ll be released.

Ferryhill councillors are very proactive and strongly reactive to try and stamp out ASB in the town, as well as trying to raise the level of suitability of the housing stock. We have selective licencing of landlords in Dean Bank and i’d like to see this extended to all of Ferryhill.

Letting agents need to do their bit though and stop sending scumbag tenants to the town.

In the Broom area, specifically Kitchener Terrace.

Appreciate from your other comment you need the money, and this time you had no foresight to this happening.

But if you put someone else in there without giving them any indication you know there are problem residents, and they face similar serious problems then it's a bit unethical to hold them to pay if they have to move due to threats of physical violence.

This time you didn't know, but now you do...

The gulls are becoming a real menace. I’d hate to live in one of the properties in Foregate Street or High Street where they’re nesting. Squawking from dawn till dusk and crapping everywhere.

They are proper cocky. Must have been trained at the seaside. Coming inland and strutting about like they own the place. They make a right mess on the top of the high rises across from Cripplegate park.

They are proper cocky. Must have been trained at the seaside. Coming inland and strutting about like they own the place. They make a right mess on the top of the high rises across from Cripplegate park.
One of the younguns wandered in my shop the other day took a while to get out

Appreciate from your other comment you need the money, and this time you had no foresight to this happening.

But if you put someone else in there without giving them any indication you know there are problem residents, and they face similar serious problems then it's a bit unethical to hold them to pay if they have to move due to threats of physical violence.

This time you didn't know, but now you do...

Every tenant is different. I understand that the whole thing was sparked by an argument between my tenants and the others. That is beyond my control. The next tenant may have no problem at all with them. No-one likes problem residents, but the recent law changes make them even more difficult to get rid of. All you can do is report things and eventually they‘ll get evicted if it’s a recurring problem. My letting agent does all the vetting and viewings, that’s what I pay them for.

Last edited:

Back