My tenants have moved out - threatened by neighbour

Got exactly the same thing going on. I'm the tenant though and my fiance is 7 months pregnant. Knocked the neighbour's door last night to ask him to turn the bass down on the surround sound system they have in their bedroom and he offered me out in the street. Threatening to knock me out etc.

Police contacted and landlord informed. I just want to move out as I'm incredibly anxious about my unborn child being affected as my lass is in bits nightly due to the issues we had and are facing currently. I'm sat in the flat now and the bass is thundering down through the walls.

Check the local authority =Environmental Health - as noise pollution is within their jurisdiction. They can install noise level monitors that record and can be used as evidence. In fact there may be local emergency team that had power to act during unsocial hours. If this emergency unit turns up outside a property and can hear music they have the power to enter the home and remove the equipment.

Don't just take it, make enquiries at the local Council.

Check the local authority =Environmental Health - as noise pollution is within their jurisdiction. They can install noise level monitors that record and can be used as evidence. In fact there may be local emergency team that had power to act during unsocial hours. If this emergency unit turns up outside a property and can hear music they have the power to enter the home and remove the equipment.

I might've said this before on here but we had a noisy neighbour who played music & telly loud as feck. He'd put music on and go out. In the time we lived there he was "normal" volume for one week. It was the week we had the EH recording equipment in.

Got exactly the same thing going on. I'm the tenant though and my fiance is 7 months pregnant. Knocked the neighbour's door last night to ask him to turn the bass down on the surround sound system they have in their bedroom and he offered me out in the street. Threatening to knock me out etc.

Police contacted and landlord informed. I just want to move out as I'm incredibly anxious about my unborn child being affected as my lass is in bits nightly due to the issues we had and are facing currently. I'm sat in the flat now and the bass is thundering down through the walls.
Shite that mate. Where do you live?

There’s no longer any danger to the tenants, so I think i’ll just log it with the relevant people and move on. Like you say, they’ll probably get evicted for something else anyway. ;)
Section 21 takes 2 months, section 8 can take between 2 weeks to 2 months. If the landlord of that other gaff are decent, they'll have a word threatening eviction if such behaviour continues. As someone else said, it'll probably end up with a LOA when they do a runner.

We've been logging it for the last year or so. Last night was the first proper threatening behaviour. It's logged with the police and will be reported to environmental health tomorrow. Cheers for the advice though.

Shite that mate. Where do you live?

A little village not far from Worcester.

We've been logging it for the last year or so. Last night was the first proper threatening behaviour. It's logged with the police and will be reported to environmental health tomorrow. Cheers for the advice though.

A little village not far from Worcester.
Hope it gets sorted. Scumbags everywhere it seems.

Our neighbour upstairs has had the police out at 5am because our baby cries during the night. She added a few fabricated stories about banging and shouting which is just not true. The minute our baby cries she's stamping on the floor and slamming doors.

Our walls are paper thin and I totally sympathise. We have tried talking to her but she ignores me in the car park and won't answer the door when I've been round. We want to discuss this without any animosity. I would suggest ear plugs but not sure this would be well received. We are at our wits end and clearly would like a decent night's sleep ourselves.

Anyone else had to navigate through similar. Sorry to high jack ops problem, didn't think a whole new thread would be necessary.

Unfortunately you have to disclose any disputes with neighbours as part of a house sale, would probably put most off.

True. Couldn't the OP sell it without saying anything as he's not reported it to environmental health?

Don't know your financial circumstances but you should look to move out. Hard enough with a new born as it is mate.

We have a 30k deposit for a house. Just trying to find said house. We are considering moving back in with family/ parents to overcome the current issue.

True. Couldn't the OP sell it without saying anything as he's not reported it to environmental health?
L

We have a 30k deposit for a house. Just trying to find said house. We are considering moving back in with family/ parents to overcome the current issue.

I’d imagine given you have knowledge of all the disputes it would need to be disclosed.

It’s easy to check crime stats these days so anyone can check and see what’s been going on.

Back