Motivation whilst being made redundant

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning was the first time ever I felt like I couldn't cope with being in the office today and struggled like fuck out of bed to get to work.

Anyone been in a similar situation where you basically know your role is redundant and you're still expected to give 100% to deliver work which is basically nails in your own coffin? I've been given an estimated date of this time next year as when I'll be gone, and the whole office is the same meaning it's a glum office with the life draining out of everyone. Not only have I got to keep myself motivated but I've also got to try and motivate my team.

I'll get a decent package at the end of it having been with the company over 20 years , but the thought of that isn't helping...a year away until I can move on seems a hell of a long time away but no way am I giving up the package.

were you asking for motivation advice? just think of all the people around the third world who slave away in sweatshops. should be all the motivation you would ever need.

were you asking for motivation advice? just think of all the people around the third world who slave away in sweatshops. should be all the motivation you would ever need.
I know I'm lucky, but not sure how thinking about poor fuckers in such jobs is going to motivate me to be honest?

I know I'm lucky, but not sure how thinking about poor fuckers in such jobs is going to motivate me to be honest?
Just think about how you're wasting away your life in a place you don't want to be, doing stuff you don't want to do, day after day.

Now think about all those people slaving away in sweatshops, wasting away their lives in a place they don't want to be, doing stuff they don't want to do, day after day.

Can't you see how lucky you are?

Just think about how you're wasting away your life in a place you don't want to be, doing stuff you don't want to do, day after day.

Now think about all those people slaving away in sweatshops, wasting away their lives in a place they don't want to be, doing stuff they don't want to do, day after day.

:lol:

Did you read my post? I know how lucky I am!

That doesn't help in my own little world with motivation.

"I can't be arsed to walk" - think of the people with no legs

"Look at the f***ing sight of that" - at least I'm not blind

"Jesus Christ lass that fart stinks" - at least I've got a nose

"f***ing hell my pants are a bit tight" - at least you can afford a pair

"Bastards, got piss stains all owa my new sneakers" - at least I've got feet and can afford shoes.

"f***ing look at the clip of my hair, desperately need it cut" - at least I've not got cancer and going through chemo and my hair has fallen out!

Where do you stop at comparing yourself to others?

I take it you never moan about any of your current situations? If we all thought about it, nee **** would moan man!

"Bastards, got piss stains all owa my new sneakers" - at least I've got feet and can afford shoes.

"f***ing look at the clip of my hair, desperately need it cut" - at least I've not got cancer and going through chemo and my hair has fallen out!

I take it you never moan about any of your current situations? If we all thought about it, nee **** would moan man!

At least you don't support Sunderland, oh shit, that doesn't work does it.

Ah knar man. I was joking but I was also making the point that there's little difference, mentally at least, in the situation you are in and the situation you should supposedly be thankful you're not in.

think maybe wether they would trade their concerns/worries, for yours?

all of the above is taking it way to far

Last edited:
No it's not, where do we stop or start?

well I'll bitch about all manner of things throughout the day. but when it comes to my work I often remind myself of the horrific conditions of many peoples round the world.

it helps to focus me, but that's just me. i can't apply this to anyone else. you have to find the solutions for yourself.

may I suggest a one off time when you get stoned on hash. it may help you to find a fresh perspective.

Get out contracting. There's gonna be a fair few PC's need formatting very soon! :lol:

What the fuck do 'contractors' even do man? Every man and his dog on here is a 'contractor' but I couldn't tell you for the life of me what they actually do. Do they just go around installing PCs?

What the fuck do 'contractors' even do man? Every man and his dog on here is a 'contractor' but I couldn't tell you for the life of me what they actually do. Do they just go around installing PCs?
I don't know. I'm a proper grafter. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back