Motivation whilst being made redundant

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderer

Striker
This morning was the first time ever I felt like I couldn't cope with being in the office today and struggled like fuck out of bed to get to work.

Anyone been in a similar situation where you basically know your role is redundant and you're still expected to give 100% to deliver work which is basically nails in your own coffin? I've been given an estimated date of this time next year as when I'll be gone, and the whole office is the same meaning it's a glum office with the life draining out of everyone. Not only have I got to keep myself motivated but I've also got to try and motivate my team.

I'll get a decent package at the end of it having been with the company over 20 years , but the thought of that isn't helping...a year away until I can move on seems a hell of a long time away but no way am I giving up the package.

This morning was the first time ever I felt like I couldn't cope with being in the office today and struggled like fuck out of bed to get to work.

Anyone been in a similar situation where you basically know your role is redundant and you're still expected to give 100% to deliver work which is basically nails in your own coffin? I've been given an estimated date of this time next year as when I'll be gone, and the whole office is the same meaning it's a glum office with the life draining out of everyone. Not only have I got to keep myself motivated but I've also got to try and motivate my team.

I'll get a decent package at the end of it having been with the company over 20 years , but the thought of that isn't helping...a year away until I can move on seems a hell of a long time away but no way am I giving up the package.
what line you in there mate? Out of interest

Scrapheap challenge :)

Use company time to devise your luxury burger van strategy

I was made redundant from a job I absolutely loved in 2013 I knew I was going in January and was supposed to be there till July and that was bad enough. I appealed the decision, but was told in June that I was unsuccessful and I basically said 'I'm going now.' It was a hideous way to end a 20 year stint working in Arts for Gateshead Council. I haven't been able to find anything similar and hate the job I've got now. I feel for anyone in similar circumstances especially as I knew that they would spread my job amongst other people. It's soul destroying. And I'm still angry about it.

I was made redundant from a job I absolutely loved in 2013 I knew I was going in January and was supposed to be there till July and that was bad enough. I appealed the decision, but was told in June that I was unsuccessful and I basically said 'I'm going now.' It was a hideous way to end a 20 year stint working in Arts for Gateshead Council. I haven't been able to find anything similar and hate the job I've got now. I feel for anyone in similar circumstances especially as I knew that they would spread my job amongst other people. It's soul destroying. And I'm still angry about it.
Did you still get your redundancy? ( if you don't mind me asking).

Recently went through this situation myself, lasted in total 1 and a half years from them saying the site was closing to being on the dole. Only things that kept me sane were limiting the amount I talked to my coworkers (depressed the shit out of me) doing stuff I put off in my personal life (travelled and mended a few relationships) and cutting down on the drink at the time it would have made me a more bitter fuck. Oh and knowing I had cash at the end of it, if I never hit the people we had to train to take our jobs

Last edited:
Yup, been there before. I just did enough tbh though rather than bust a gut. We even had to train up folk who were pretty much getting our jobs as the organisation went through a massive restructure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back